"Sugar and spice and
everything nice."
That describes this delectable rub when sugar meets garlic...
That's when this recipe comes into play ~ here’s the trick ~ provide a dish using spices and other ingredients you have on hand to change-up the chicken.
Voila!
Dinner is served!
Easy Baked Chicken Breasts with Brown Sugar and Garlic Rub
Ingredients:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
Method:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix seasoning ingredients - brown sugar through salt and pepper - in a gallon plastic bag.
- Coat both sides of each chicken breast with about 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Add chicken to rub mixture in plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray, arrange chicken in pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until surface is golden or internal temperature is 165° using a meat thermometer.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.



This chicken looks really juicy and I love the nicely burned spots must have tasted particularly yummy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angie! I like those spots too! take care
DeleteThis chicken looks delicious...I am loving the brown sugar in it...and all the other spices too...super simple and easy...thanks Pam.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Thanks, Juliana! Glad you like it! Thanks for the visit!
DeleteSounds like a delicious rub for chicken Pam
ReplyDeleteThanks, Larry! Have a good day!
DeleteWe eat a lot of chicken so this shall be rubbed soon. I'm thinking it might be mighty tasty on a piece of grilled pork as well.
ReplyDeleteHi Ron! Yes, it's great for pork also, a great mixture for a meat rub!
Deletelooks delicious I love new recipes this sound great!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Claudia! It is delicious! 😊
DeleteThat rub looks excellent! Lotta flavor there. Lotta flavor in this dish -- good way to liven up chicken. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks, John! It makes chicken really tasty!
DeleteChicken breast is a favorite of mine. The garlic-brown sugar rub is new to me but it sounds clever, so I'll give it a try.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Duta! Hope you try the rub and like it!
DeleteBeautiful chicken meal, love the rub idea! Stay safe and healthy everyone ☺
ReplyDeleteThanks, Natalia! Be safe!
DeleteWoW that's some spam comment you received (which I assume you will remove when you see it!) The chicken dish sounds wonderful. We have favorite rubs to use when cooking on the grill, but they can't contain sugar or honey because it burns to carbon and doesn't taste sweet any more. Baking the chicken sounds like a good way around this problem.
ReplyDeletebe well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Yes, that did not make me happy! Yes, doesn't work on the grill so well with the sugar. Baking is good! Esp since we just bought a new Weber grill and it doesn't work! 😡
DeleteI love having a new chicken recipe where all the ingredients are in my kitchen! This will be on our menu rotation soon!! Thanks, Pam!!
ReplyDeleteGreat, Liz! Hope you like it! Take care
DeletePam, Very nice indeed! Looks great... Love the different rub, not something I would have considered. The challenge with chicken in our house is that my wife won't eat breasts and I prefer them over thighs. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteHi Dave! Great that you can purchase the parts you like and cook them the way you like! Bill likes thighs and legs, I like breasts and wings, so I buy packages of each and freeze them and then take out a few pieces of what we want. Take care and stay safe!
DeleteI love that rub combo. I'd like to try it on bean curd.
ReplyDeleteHi Ivy! I've never had bean curd but hope you try the rub and like it. Take care
DeleteThose flavors sound fantastic on chicken, Pam! I'm especially intrigued by the brown sugar. You can never have too many ways to cook chicken.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan! Yes, the more the better with ways to cook chicken! Take care
Delete