I love Everything Bagels!
It’s all about those great seasonings...
A blend of aromatic dried garlic and tear-free dried onion, the deep nutty flavor of poppy seeds, the sort of sweet, nutty taste of white sesame seeds, the stronger, slightly bitter flavor of black sesame seeds, plus coarse salt.
If you're a fan of everything bagels and can't get enough of those great seasonings, this super easy recipe is for you!
Make your own seasoning and you can sprinkle it on your favorite foods.
It’s amazing how these simple ingredients have a huge impact on a plethora of dishes, from asparagus, various meats and sea food, cheese dips, vegetables, fried eggs and omelets, slaws and salads; combine it with butter for a spread, sprinkle it on mac and cheese, popcorn, pizza, risotto, salad dressings, potato salad, soup, stir-fries, baked potatoes, cottage cheese, to zucchini, and on and on...
![]() |
| Courtesy of Parade |
Make this seasoning in 5 minutes and amp up your favorite dishes with its tasty, nutty, crunchy flavor!
Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
Ingredients:
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon coarse (kosher) salt
- 1 tablespoon minced dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (or more white seeds)
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Method:
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid, place and ingredients.
- Stir or shake well.
- Keeps almost forever.




Thank you! I love the stuff and making it myself will not only be cheaper but will take up less space since I buy it 4 at a time!
ReplyDeleteHi Anne! Easy to make and cheaper too! Thanks!
DeleteI have everything in my pantry! Definitely give this a try. Thanks, Pam.
ReplyDeleteGreat, Angie! I use it a lot on veggies, etc. Thanks!
DeleteHomemade and hot out of the oven bagels would be a delirious treat in my family! Thanks for sharing Pam. I've tried to comment numerous times, so I hope that this comes through. Ah technology!
ReplyDeleteStay safe,
Roz
Hi Roz! Great to see you here! Other people have said the same thing, but happy it worked for you! Bagels rule and so does this seasoning! Thanks for the visit!
DeleteThat sounds great seasoning, but I do not think I have ever seen a bagel on sale here!! I would certainly have to make my own. Keep safe Diane
ReplyDeleteThanks, Diane! Hope all is well your way! Take care
DeletePam, For me, the ideal bagel is from NYC...plain or garlic. If its plain, then we add cream cheese. (I also butter my toasted bagel...much to my wife's disgust) Sliced salmon or lox makes it perfect! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteHi Dave! It all sounds good to me! Take care
ReplyDeleteLooks so good and easy!!
ReplyDeleteWill definitely use this.
M :)
Great, thanks Melinda!
DeleteOn a bagel, the seeds get toasted when the bagel is baking. But for sprinkling on other dishes, it might be good to toast the seeds first to intensify the taste. I'm more of a fan of poppy seed bagels without the rest, but when I was growing up, they hadn't yet invented the everything bagel. Or even the raisin bagel. So I'm kind of retro.
ReplyDeletebe well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
You're right about the toasting, I was going to do it to enhance the flavor but decided not to. I love them all and use the seasoning quite a bit. Retro is good! 😉
DeleteThe word 'bagel' is an yiddish word. Yiddish, a germanic-jewish language is still spoken in certain jewish communities.
ReplyDeleteYour seasoning looks like the perfect bagel seasoning. The blend of seeds,garlic,onions and salt is also the healthiest one could come up with!
Hi Duta! Yes, a friend of mine can speak Yiddish, but I never realized about origin of word bagel. Seasonings are great!
DeleteThanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome!
DeleteLooks absolutely delicious and beautiful Pam ! hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Gloria! Thanks and take care. Hugs
DeleteI love everything bagels, so I love every thing about this seasoning! This looks terrific -- so easy to put together, and all the flavors I crave. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi John! Super easy to make and good on many things! Thanks!
DeleteGosh, this would be a great hostess or holiday gift! Easy and everyone will love it!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, Liz! Thanks for the idea and take care.
DeleteEverything bagel mix is one of my favorite things ever annnnnnnnd darn it, I'm not supposed to eat it. Stupid diverticulitis. Sometimes, when I'm feeling risky I wil sneak a bit on a toasted bagel with swiss cheese. So good!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, the bagel with Swiss cheese, have to try that for sure! Love that mix but undersatand with diverticulitis. Thanks, Leslie, and take care!
DeleteThis is a great recipe and so handy to have something like this you can sprinkle on almost anything!
ReplyDeleteThanks, glad you like it!
DeleteI make a faux bagel that is Weight Watcher friendly. I frequently buy the everything bagel topping, but i now see it is very easy to make your own. Thanks for the recipe.
ReplyDelete