Hankering for a big, full bowl of pasta smothered in a creamy garlic-butter and Parmesan sauce?
If so, I’ve got a great recipe for you!
This is perfectly cooked al dente pasta smothered in a creamy sauce infused with garlic, butter and Parmesan ~ what could be better on your dinner table?
Normally, I would add a few pics of cooking the dish along the way, that didn’t happen this time...
It’s called distracted cooking ~ I got sidelined with a side dish:
I turned the burner on high to heat the skillet quickly when I then heard a text message delivered on my phone. I got involved with that and forgot about the skillet over the hot burner.
A few minutes later, I smelled something and recovered my burned skillet. Definitely won’t be do that again, I hope! Best not to turn the burner on high heat unless standing right by the stove!
No more cooking and multi-tasking in the kitchen...
But I will be making this spaghetti dish again soon, we loved it!
The pasta is packed with great flavor and we enjoyed it as a side to grilled chicken.
Actually, I could make a meal of it alone...
It was creamy garlicky deliciousness!

Broken Spaghetti in Garlic-Butter and Parmesan Sauce
Ingredients
- ½ pound spaghetti, broken in halves or thirds
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup 2% milk, or whole milk or half and half
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Method
Enjoy!

My husbands likes broken spaghetti! It's easier to eat :-) This looks mouthwatering with that creamy cheesy sauce.
ReplyDeleteHi Angie! This is really good and I agree with your husband about broken spaghetti. Thanks and take care.
ReplyDeletePam, Thanks for the recipe! A few weeks ago we tried a butter sauce with Parmesan Reggiano cheese on some ravioli and it was excellent. We love garlic so this recipe is on our radar. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteGlad you like it, Dave! We like garlic too, it makes everything better. 😉 Thanks and take care
DeleteI always cook on low fire, and still, something always gets burnt...
ReplyDeleteThere's great variety of pasta at the store, and cheap too, so I bought several packages.
Butter makes everything taste heavenly, so do milk and Parmesan. I'll try your recipe and hope for the best.
Thanks, Duta! Hope you like the pasta if you should make it! Have a good day!
DeleteI've done worse than leave a skillet on a high burner. It's worse if there's a lot of food in there so the bottom burns. Once I left some lentils "boiling" in the microwave, and the water all boiled away. When I took out the pyrex dish it exploded. No joke.
ReplyDeletebest... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Oooof! That was quite a mess, I'm sure, Mae. When we first got a micro, I put a potato in it for way too many minutes and it exploded and caught fire. Didn't do that again! Take care and have a good day!
Deletewhat a great idea I can eat this as a whole meal! yum!
ReplyDeleteI agree, Claudia! It's a perfect meal! Thanks!
DeleteLooks like a simple and delicious dish - we really like baked spaghetti.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Larry! Spaghetti rules! Take care
DeleteGarlic, butter, and parmesan? Sold! The spaghetti is just a bonus. :-) This looks great -- thanks.
ReplyDeleteThanks, John! Garlic makes everything better and keeps the vampires away! 😉 Take care
DeleteOh my goodness this sounds just delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anne! It is! Take care
DeleteI know what you mean about distracted cooking, been there, done that. Always a learning lesson. Your spaghetti is a winning combination of flavors.
ReplyDeleteIt's an easy thing to do, for sure. Glad you like the spaghetti! Thanks, Karen and take care.
DeleteI sometimes get distracted in the kitchen....not a good thing! lol. You are such a fabulous cook and I enjoy all of your recipes. This one looks simple and quick enough, AND so full of goodness...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shug! It's a good recipe! Have a good day and take care.
Delete