Basic Banana Muffins

 

These banana muffins are  buttery, moist 

and packed with that 

great banana flavor.  

 


The muffins won’t taste banana-y enough if over-ripe bananas aren’t used, the ones with brown spots on the peel. 

 

 


 

I've posted other recipes containing Swerve sugar replacement with this recipe being another great use for it.  Swerve has no bitter aftertaste ~ zero-calories and is perfect for low-carb diets, keto diets and diabetics ~ anyone who wants less sugar in their diet.  

 

 


 

Swerve is made from ingredients found in select fruits and starch root vegetables and contains no artificial ingredients, preservatives or flavors. 


 

 

This time around I used half Swerve brown sugar and half Swerve granular sugar.  You'd be hard-pressed to differentiate it from the real thing in a taste test!

 

 

 

 

No cinnamon was used here; no chocolate chips, nor raisins ~ just banana muffins baked with basic ingredients.  I wanted a simple plain banana muffin and this recipe did the job...

 

They’re tasty great breakfast muffins.

 

They’re my favorite way to enjoy a banana right now.

 

The only peeling required is the paper liner...

 

 

Basic Banana Muffins

Basic Banana Muffins

Servings: 12
Author: Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner
Prep time: 10 MinCooking time: 30 MinTotal time: 40 Min
These banana muffins are  buttery, moist and packed with that great banana flavor, and you only have to peel the paper liner!

Ingredients

  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
  • ½ cup Swerve granulated sugar
  • ¼ cup Swerve brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ⅓ cup butter, melted

Method

Created using The Recipes Generator

 

 

 

Enjoy!

 


24 comments:

  1. A great way to use over ripe bananas but I must to have nuts in mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Larry! I'm outvoted sometimes with adding nuts to the muffins. Thanks and take care

      Delete
  2. Sometimes the basic one is the BEST! These look so moist and tender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! You're right, I agree! They're good and tender. Take care

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of using swerve I need to try this since my son is diabetic thanks for update this classic to healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Claudia! Hope it works for you. We have diabetics here too and I'm always looking for recipes with less sugar. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Pam, We both like banana bread. I like mine without nuts like yours but my better half prefers nuts in hers. As for Swerve, we hadn't heard of this sweetener and have been using Splenda for everything. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave! I like it either way. 😊 Swerve is great! I used Splenda for years, but like Swerve better, it works good in most recipes when wanting a sugar substitute. Thanks and take care

      Delete
  5. Wow they sound great but we are calorie counting at the moment so they will have to wait :-)) Never heard of swerve, I doubt if the French have either!! Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! They're good, hope you try them sometime. Thanks and have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  6. I shouldn't even comment on this one -- I can't stand bananas, especially ripe ones. But it's great that you have found a decent substitute for sugar.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you, Mae! 😊 I really can't stand bananas either, with the exception of banana bread or muffins. Most everyone here likes bananas so I make the muffins every now and then for them. Swerve works great in this. Thanks and take care

      Delete
  7. The open muffin looks so inviting!
    Thanks for the info on Swerve. I don't think it's sold in my country but I'll ask around. Anyway I use Splenda which is found in one supermarket only ; this is a chain that has also a branch in Brooklyn, so it sometimes brings american products.I've been using Splenda for several years now, and it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duta! Swerve is similar to Splenda, I generally use Swerve in baking. Interesting that you can purchase American products there, that's good! 😊 Take care

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Melynda! They are great! 😊 You take care and have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  9. Those look delish! Now if some would magically appear here,
    that would be great.
    Have not heard of Swerve, will check my store for that.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melinda! Wish I could do just that, need a magic wand! 😊 Hope you can find Swerve, I think it does the job well. Take care and thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  10. Who doesn't like muffins? These look terrific -- neat way to use bananas that are too ripe. I usually make banana bread, but next time I have overripe bananas I'm making muffins! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John! Banana bread is great too! Have a good rest of the week and take care.

      Delete
  11. I love a good, basic banana muffin recipe and I'll add nuts for you, me and Larry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Woo hoo! I love nuts in muffins so it sounds great to me! Thanks!

      Delete
  12. I would have to say that banana muffins are one of my favorites followed by blueberry muffins. The recipe looks nice and easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi judee! I like banana muffins too, but blueberry is my fave. Yum!!! Take care

      Delete

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt.
~ Dave Barry

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

Keep smiling!
Pam



You know,

nobody can ever

cook as good as

your Mama.

~ Paula Deen


You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook

DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

Total Pageviews

09 10