Easy Chicken Rice and Mushroom Bake

 

What’s not to like about a one-pan meal that makes a weeknight supper deliciously doable with little prep time and minimal clean-up.

 


 

Rice is combined with cream of chicken soup, mushrooms, paprika and seasoned pepper, then nestled in chicken breasts and baked.  Can’t get much easier than that ~ it’s a tasty delicious moist and tender dish!

 

 

Before

After


Simple down home comfort food, while we’re still having chilly days.  To make this even easier, pick the meat off a store-bought rotisserie chicken, then gently stir it into the rice mixture.  Or just boil a whole chicken yourself, if you prefer.  

 


 

It’s comforting, cozy and hearty with all its great flavors...

Just fix it and forget it till it’s time to eat it!  

Serving a little green salad on the side would be the way to go!

 

 

Servings: 4-6
Chicken and Rice Bake with Mushrooms

Chicken and Rice Bake with Mushrooms

This flavorful dish is a cinch make to with very little prep time. It's an easy weeknight supper for your family.
Prep time: 10 MinCooking time: 60 MinTotal time: 1 H & 10 M

Ingredients

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 (8 ounces) can sliced mushrooms
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
  • 1 (10 ounces) can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice

Method

Notes:

Be sure to cover the dish with foil before baking to allow steam to build to cook the rice.

Created using The Recipes Generator

 

 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

24 comments:

  1. I love one pan meals! Chicken and mushrooms sound and look wonderful together for this casserole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Angie! Chicken and mushrooms are great together! Thanks!

      Delete

  2. Most of my meals are one pan- meals, and I like it that way. I'm all for simplicity and minimal work.
    If I intend to eat bread with the meal, I won't use rice or potatoes in the ingredient mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you too, Duta! Yes, I agree with the bread as I try to have only one starch at a meal so no bread on the side with this dish! Thanks and take care

      Delete
  3. I love one pan meals and this looks like a good one especially since it has only a few simple ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! Me too with one pan meals. Nothing fancy with this, it's just good to eat! Take care

      Delete
  4. Pam, I too love one pan meals. However my wife loves mushrooms and I can't stand them...its a texture thing with me. I could modify this recipe though and still love it! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave! I know lots of folks who don't like mushrooms, this would be easy to modify. Have a good week!

      Delete
  5. Looks absolutely delicious Pam, hope you had a lovely anniversay !!have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria! We did! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  6. Looks delicious, hope all is well. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! Good here and hope for the same your way. Take care

      Delete
  7. How simple and tasty! Great to have in my files!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really liked it, Nellie! Hope you give it a try! Take care

      Delete
  8. We had snow last night! So of course we're thinking hearty dishes like this -- comfort food is much needed This is perfect -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooof!!!! We had a few flurries, thankfully that was all, but it's still chilly and windy. Comfort food works now. Thanks, John, and take care.

      Delete
  9. Such a classic dish! I always keep a can of soup in the pantry for easy meals like this! Perfect, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby! Yep, those cans are great once in a while. Easy, Peasy!! Take care

      Delete
  10. So easy and I know Bill would love this, too! I love quick, comforting meals. A belated happy anniversary! It was 35 years for us---we have many years to go to catch up with you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! Time flies by for sure. Congrats on your 35 years and wishing you many more. Take care

      Delete
  11. What a great dinner - comforting, easy, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! A great dish for a chilly day! Take care

      Delete

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt.
~ Dave Barry

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

Keep smiling!
Pam



You know,

nobody can ever

cook as good as

your Mama.

~ Paula Deen


You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook

DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

Total Pageviews

09 10