Two Cobblers That are Lip-Smacking Good and Lightened Up!

 

Tis' the essence of summer...

 


Cobbler!

 

I love pie and I love cake, but cobbler puts me over the moon happy 🌝.  I will gladly crank up the oven for it, regardless of the high temperatures of summer...

 

Peaches!


Heavenly juicy peaches were ripe and so were the sweet blackberries ~ this was the perfect time to make 2 cobblers, to make us all happy!




Blackberries!
 

 

These cobblers are lightened up with a sugar replacement - substitute regular sugar in the same amount, if you like. 

 

The cobbler is filled with just the right amount of sweetness using Swerve, the dessert is not overly sweet, it tastes great; I would be hard-pressed to tell the difference from the real thing!


It couldn't be easier to make ~ whatever fruit you want, and spices too; maybe nutmeg, cloves, vanilla, allspice, or even pepper, or not.  Try a splash of bourbon or blackberry brandy!

 

 

Voila!    Baked!

 

And you can really bake it in whatever dish or pan you have, even a large skillet ~ just so it can hold about 8 cups.

 

 


Ummm, mmm!

 

 

Cobbler is a simple, easy, timeless dessert that's lip-smacking good ~ a dessert that takes already delicious summer fruit to a whole new level! 

 

 

Tastes so good!



Bet you’ll be doing a happy dance after the first bite!  You know how little kids and dogs wiggle and dance around with the anticipation of eating something scrumptious ~ they're expressing how much they love the taste of something tasty and delicious.


So, bet you'll be doing a happy dance also, just like Bill and Bubba did!

 


 



Print

Two Cobblers, Peach & Blackberry, Lightened Up

Prep time: Cooking time: Total time:
Peaches were ripe and so were blackberries ~ this was the perfect time to make 2 cobblers

Ingredients:

For the PEACH FILLING:
  • 4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
  • ½ cup Swerve Sugar Replacement
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • ½ heaping teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon cardamom
  • 1½ tablespoons cornstarch (or instant tapioca
For the BLACKBERRY FILLING:
  • 4 cups blackberries
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • ½ teaspoon lemon zest
  • ½ - ¾ cup Swerve Sugar Replacement
  • ¼ cup water
  • Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
  • 2 tablespoons corn starch
For the TOPPING (to be divided between 2 cobblers) :
  • 2 cups flour
  • ½ cup Swerve Sugar Replacement
  • 4 teaspoons orange zest
  • 1½ teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ heaping teaspoon salt
  • 8 tablespoons cold butter
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • ½ cup milk

Method:

For the FRUIT FILLINGS:
  1. PEACHES:
  2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
  3. Transfer to a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
  4. BLACKBERRIES:
  5. Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and combine lightly.
  6. Let berries sit for at least 15 minutes for juices to accumulate.
  7. Spread in a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
For the TOPPING (enough for 2 cobblers):
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients (through salt).
  3. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  4. Make a well in the center of dough and stir in milk and beaten eggs until dough is just moistened.
  5. Scoop up dough in large spoonfuls and drop over the fruit in the baking dish like cobblestones. 
  6. Bake for about 30 minutes, until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly.
  7. Serve warm or room temperature.
  8. Great topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a large dollop of whipped cream.
Created using The Recipes Generator

 

 

 

 

50 comments:

  1. Blackberry is favorite and I sure can see why this is lip smacking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam ! I love absolutely cobblers and these look wonderful and delicious ! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria! Me too, I love a good cobbler! Take care xo

      Delete
  3. They look amazingly delicious! Juicy, sweet, fruity with a buttery topping...a perfect summer dessert, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! Juicy and sweet for sure! Have a good week, and take care

      Delete
  4. Pam, We love just about any and all fruit cobblers! Nothing more satisfying than warm cobbler with a scoop or two of ice cream. Thanks for the inspiration...and I see cobbler in our immediate future! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave! We love about any fruit cobbler also, but blackberry is my fave. Two scoops of ice cream makes it even better! Thanks and Have a good week!

      Delete
  5. I like Cobbler but I have to say I prefer to make a crumble on top. Have a good week and stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! The crumble sounds good to me, I like it too. Have a good week and take care

      Delete
  6. How delicious! I would find myself making two for our crew, too! Take care, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nellie! Thanks! Yes, I love blackberries and peach cobbler is a hit with everyone it seems. Take care and thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  7. They both look good Pam and I like using the biscuit topping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! Biscuit topping is the fave here, perfect for the fruit. Take care

      Delete
  8. I'd love BOTH of these! That topping looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! The topping is like icing on a cake! Have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  9. Hey Pam both the cobblers have turned out just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look super delicious!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cobbler too. Best dessert ever, IMO. These look great -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, John! It's the best ever, IMO! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well honestly, I love all three!But cobblers are perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I love all 3 also, Abbe! Any of them make me happy! Take care

      Delete
  14. Cobbler - the best fruit dessert, perfect for summer days! The ones on your plate have great ingredients and looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Duta! We like them, fruit desserts are tasty in the summer, and plain fruit is good too! Take care

      Delete
  15. Looking good!
    Bet they tasted good too. Yum!!!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melinda! They were great! Have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  16. I've never turned down cake, but for cobbler and pie I'd crawl over hot sidewalk. Haven't had any this season, but need to keep an eye out. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Buttercup! I'd do the same! Take care

      Delete
  17. Cobblers are not popular here, but I always wanted to make one, looks so yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalia! They are delicious! Have a good day!

      Delete
  18. Cobblers are so comforting this time of year, Pam, and especially welcomed while we stay at home so much more this summer. All of the fresh fruit available now is perfect for either of your recipes. Thanks so much Pam and hope to hear from you again someday. Be safe, Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz! We love cobblers and like you said, Roz, they're perfect with all the good fruit this summer, the farmers' markets are filled with it this summer/ Great to see you here, take care!

      Delete
  19. Both of your cobblers look wonderful, Pam, but I’d be choosing the blackberry one. I need to buy some swerve, and it’s good to know that you can’t tell the difference.
    It’s nice to meet you! Thank you for your visit to my blog. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitty! Blackberry is my fave for sure. Swerve is good, saves calories, carbs. And I will follow your blog. Take care

      Delete
  20. Growing up in the Southern US, peach cobbler is in my blood. I haven't had a proper cobbler like this in years. We getting some nice local peaches just now, so I say let's make cobbler.
    So now I've got to get this image of Bill and Bubba doing a cobble dance out of my mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron! Peach cobbler is truly a Southern goodie, like with fresh Georgia peaches! Yes, time for you to make a cobbler maybe. Oh, yea, they know the dance! 😊 Thanks and take care!

      Delete
  21. I've been thinking a lot about peach cobbler lately! I need to make some soon. These both look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Peach cobbler is a great summertime treat! Thanks!

      Delete
  22. Both cobblers look amazing. I can’t wait until summer fruit is back in season here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cakelaw! Thanks! It's hard to beat summer fruit! Take care

      Delete
  23. I have never heard of Swerve...I googled it and learned about it...thank you Pam for introducing me to this new sugar substitute...I love cobblers because they have lots of fruits...and yours look awesome...thanks for the recipe. I don't know which I would go first for it since both look amazing.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juliana! Cobblers are a great part of summer. Glad you liked the info. And thanks for the visit, have a good week ahead!

      Delete
  24. Cobblers are my favorite summer dessert . I have to try your version, especially with the sugar substitute. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gerlinde! The sugar substitute is good and saves calories too. Thanks and take care

      Delete
  25. Oh my goodness, great recipes! I must say that I LOVE COBBLERS! Best ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I love cobblers too, they're great! Take care

      Delete

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt.
~ Dave Barry

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

Keep smiling!
Pam



You know,

nobody can ever

cook as good as

your Mama.

~ Paula Deen


You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook

DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

Total Pageviews

09 10