I’m crazy for sweet potatoes ~ unfortunately I’m the only
one in this house who is. On the
other side of the coin, he’d like cooked carrots for dinner, and I’d rather
never.
When I was growing up, I loved this time of year, as Mom
would bake sweet potatoes frequently.
Ummm, mmm! A nice big sweet
potato, with just a lump of butter, and a little salt and pepper would do. Now, I’m into peeling them and roasting
them also.
~ Sweet potato blossom ~
kind of looks like a Morning Glory, doesn't it...
This recipe is from Cooking Light Complete Cookbook. Here’s what it says about the
dish: “The gently flavored
potatoes and onions develop a richer, more complex sweetness as they
caramelize. This recipe requires
only one dish and is pretty much hands-off cooking.” That sums it up, except to say these roasted sweet potatoes
and onions are delectable and dulcet!
Oven-Roasted Sweet
Potatoes and Onions
Ingredients:
4 medium peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 sweet onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon McCormick garlic-pepper blend
½ teaspoon salt
Method:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Coat a 13” x 9” baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in the dish, tossing to coat.
Bake for 35 minutes, until fork tender, stirring
occasionally.
Sweet Potatoes, delectable and dulcet!
Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips
and delicious easy recipes!

What a killer combo! I love roasted sweet 'taters!
ReplyDeleteSweet potatoes are one of my favorites. I'm glad to see them offered at so many restaurants now.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby doesn't like them either...but this looks like a great way to make them for ME!
Pam, this looks perfect for tables this week.
ReplyDeleteI love roasted veg and this looks delicious. I can imagine how wonderful your kitchen smells.
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Glenda
I am so with you on sweet potatoes! I love them baked with a lump of butter :) I'm willing to try them other way though and these sound delicious.
ReplyDeleteOH Pam! I love sweet potatoes and I've never tried roasting them before...this sounds devine! Can't wait to try them ~ yum!!
ReplyDeleteDo enjoy your Thanksgiving day!!
Karla & Karrie
I'm the only one that likes sweet potatoes in my house too! Heck, I'm the only one in my family that likes them! Such a shame too, they just don't know what they are missing!!
ReplyDeleteI love sweet potatoes! I always order a sweet potato or sweet potato fries when they are on the menu at restaurants. This is a recipe you can cook anytime of the year but it would be an awesome addition to my Thanksgiving table!
ReplyDeleteyou can't have thanksgiving without sweet potatoes. these look great!
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of roasting them; makes everything a bit sweeter; Happy Thanksgiving Pam.
ReplyDeleteRita
Pam, I like your Christmas tree! It has a real Holiday look to it... Bright, shiney and hopeful! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteHi Pam,
ReplyDeleteSweet Potatoes are members of the morning glory family. Funny how we eat somethings and others are related like these.
Kind of like you will die from eating deadly nightshade, but many things we eat are members of the nightshade family, like tomatoes and potatoes.
My family is the same way!! Hubs hates sweet potatoes but loves cooked carrots. Blech. Love this with onions!!
ReplyDelete