It doesn’t get much easier than this to bake a chicken dish
for dinner. On the day before
serving, bring together the ingredients and let marinate in the refrigerator
over-night, then pop it into the oven for dinner and serve it.
The savory sauce of paprika, sour cream, garlic, lemon
juice, and seasonings blends into a tempting marinade for chicken breasts. Sour cream may not be what comes to
mind as a marinade, but the slightly acidic characteristic of sour cream helps
to tenderize the meat, while the thickness of it, holds the seasonings into
place and bakes into a smooth sauce.
Serve this with buttered egg noodles or mashed potatoes ~ it’s
the perfect tasty dinner at the end of a busy day!
| Sour cream sauce |
| Oven-ready |
Marinated Saucy Chicken
Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon celery salt
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Roasted Garlic Worcestershire sauce
Breadcrumbs
4 pats butter
Method:
Blend together in a small bowl, sour cream and next 7
ingredients.
Coat chicken breasts with sour cream mixture.
Arrange in buttered baking dish and marinate for 1 hour or
overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sprinkle with bread crumbs and place pat of butter on each.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Creamy delicious and tender!
Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips
and delicious easy recipes!
Take
a minute to enter my giveaway for Tate’s Bake Shop Cookie and
Bar Tower, if you haven’t already. You just might be the happy
winner if your name is drawn this Thursday!
I like the sound of this and just happen to have some extra sour cream in the fridge. What I don't have is any chicken. That I can fix.
ReplyDeleteThanks, guess you're picking up that chicken now!
DeleteSe ve delicioso el plato
ReplyDeleteGracias, jose! Es delicioso y facil.
Deletethis looks wonderful, what warm, rich flavors!
ReplyDeleteScrumptious! Those chicken breasts look wonderfully moist.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Rosa
Your chicken looks delicious! simple and quick too!
ReplyDeleteAnd I was pleasantly surprised seeing your old familiar header! I was thinking of changing mine for ages, but like Bill says, if it ain't broken, don't fix it! Haha!
Have a great week, Pam!
You had me at saucy!! Can't wait to try this one :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks delicious Pam, I am glad to find a recipe that can give me tender chicken breast....will try this when my kitchen is ready.
ReplyDeleteThis saucy chicken looks flavorful and delicious! Love that it's marinated overnight. Must be super tender.
ReplyDeleteI love a dish I can easily put together after work. :) This looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThat sauce sounds so delicious! Just thinking about it is making me salivate!
ReplyDeleteOh yum yum and it is almost midnight! I love the idea of marinating with the sour cream and then you have this incredible creamy sauce built it. I bet the breadcrumbs really add to it also. Love it!
ReplyDeleteJust looking at this, I know it was be tender, moist and just plan good; will be trying this one; thanks Pam,
ReplyDeleteRita
That's terrific! So yummy.
ReplyDelete