Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake




What’s not to like about 
white-meat-chicken ~ 
smothered in melted cheddar ~
resting on a bed of creamy rice and vegetables?
 




I did a great job of hiding the chicken.  😉  It's cheesy delicious!
 
 
 
Hail to the “one-dish” meal!
 
 

There is a plethora of recipes for this dish:   tailor to your choice of vegetables and cheese, with soup or broth. The modifications are endless...


Before
After











Here goes a filling dinner, that's relatively inexpensive; and, with using just a casserole dish in the preparation, 
cleanup is a breeze.  
 


Mmmmm!


Simple ingredients, simple cooking process, simple cleanup ~ add a green salad or slaw on the side, and...

Voila!  

Dinner is ready!


Servings: 4 servings
Author: Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

Prep time: 15 MinCooking time: 60 MinTotal time: 1 H & 15 M
What’s not to like about white-meat chicken smothered in melted cheddar cheese, resting on a bed of creamy rice and vegetables?

Ingredients

  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 1/3 cups water or broth
  • 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned black pepper
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Method



Enjoy!





30 comments:

  1. Pam, This would be one way for me to get my wife to eat her vegetables! I'd have to use dark meat as that's her preference but when smothered with cheese she would eat 'healthy'! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That might work, Dave! Dark meat would work also. Thanks and take care, be safe!

      Delete
  2. This looks really good and I could ketofy it pretty easily (I think)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! There must be a way to ketofy! 😉 Take care

      Delete
  3. This sounds delicious but it would be more complicated for me as I only use homemade soups and fresh vegetables. I love one dish meals though.

    I hope you are both well and hopefully life will return to normal in the foreseeable future.
    Stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane! I'm hoping life will return to normal soon and for warm weather also! Take care

      Delete
  4. That's a mouthwatering meal, Pam. Lots of cheddar is always good :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! I might've gone overboard with the cheese it looks like. Take care

      Delete
  5. This is a winner, as far as I’m concerned! It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nellie! It was good on a cold evening! Take care

      Delete
  6. who ever got to eat this for dinner is lucky wow that looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia! It was better than it looks. 😊 Thanks and take care.

      Delete
  7. Looks like a very good one pan meal, which I really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! Love those one pan meals! Take care

      Delete
  8. This sounds like perfect comfort food!! Bill is going to love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! It's a dish for "Bill's!" Thanks and take care

      Delete
  9. Mmmm, love simple, hearty, tasty dishes like this. Easy to put together and make, even easier to eat. Good stuff -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, simple and hearty! Thanks, John and take care.

      Delete
  10. I generally prefer to make my own white sauce rather than using cream of whatever soup -- I don't find it that difficult. With ordinary cream sauce, it sounds like a good dish to me. Chicken and cheese are always good.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think never of making cream sauce for something like this and I hope I remember next time to try it. Chicken and cheese! Take care

      Delete
  11. Pam this cheesy chicken looks wonderful and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, obviously, love versatile dishes like this meaning use whatever veggies you have on hand. Comfort food at it's finest, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra! Yes, any veggie would work! Thanks and take care

      Delete
  13. We all need delicious comfort food these days and this looks so delicious. Chicken, rice, veggies and cheese...I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It was an easy good meal! Take care

      Delete
  14. Oh girl....this is what I call comfort food. This would have been super warming during our Texas winter storm! Have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Easy to prepare, easy to clean up, it sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt.
~ Dave Barry

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

Keep smiling!
Pam



You know,

nobody can ever

cook as good as

your Mama.

~ Paula Deen


You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook

DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

Total Pageviews

09 10