My father-in-law had a friend who fished for salmon in Lake
Michigan. Every year, he gave my FIL
3 salmon; my FIL converted an old refrigerator into a smoker, smoked the salmon
for his buddy, and kept one for himself.
Those were the “good old days” when we raved about his smoked salmon,
and he shared with us!
Sadly, those days are long gone, but salmon remains my
favorite seafood…
This recipe for salmon, with it’s mouthwatering sauce, is adapted
from Cooking Light, and has all the right
flavors ~ sweet, salty, spicy and sour ~ all the right flavors that don’t
outshine the salmon!
It’s still on the cool side here so I turned the oven on again for
dinner last night, but this is a great recipe for the grill also.
The salmon is very tasty, really good ~ I didn’t have any
leftovers and doubt if you will have either, when you make it.
Sweet ‘n Spicy Glazed
Salmon
Adapted
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons Chinese-style hot mustard
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
Cooking spray
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
Method:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan.
Bring to a boil, remove from heat, set aside.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place salmon on pan and sprinkle with pepper.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Preheat broiler.
Brush sugar mixture over salmon.
Place pan under broiler and broil for 3-4 minutes until fish
flakes easily with a fork.
ENJOY!


We love salmon too Pam. I didn't realize Splenda had a brown sugar version. I know we wouldn't have any left-overs either.
ReplyDeleteSam
I love glazed salmon Pam! Look amazing!
ReplyDeleteSalmon is so healthy! All those Omega-3 whatchamacallits.:)
ReplyDeletePam, I like the glaze...sounds great! We need to start cooking fish at home instead of just eating them at restaurants. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteHi Pam....
ReplyDeleteI truly admire your way of cooking because each dish is so healthy. This is a great recipe and the Salmon is so full of needed omega's.
Keep these great recipes coming..
shug
New things to me..Splenda brown sugar and chinese mustard!
ReplyDeleteWe love salmon..looks good!
We are salmon fans as well and yours looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteWe eat fish a lot more lately and I love this sweet/spicy way of prepping it. I also love the ease! Will be doing this in the coming days. Many thanks.
ReplyDeleteI can see why you don't have leftovers by looking at that photo!
ReplyDeleteHi Pam , wish I could grab a piece off the screen ,my family is avid fishermen/women , keep the recipes coming . Didn't know about the Splenda brown sugar . Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteHi Pam...I have never made salmon or eaten salmon...yes I know how is that possible...fish costs to much!! But my daughter visited recently and I bought salmon for her and she baked it....your recipe looks very good so I think it's time I try it!!
ReplyDeleteOh! that looks SOOOOOO good!
ReplyDeleteLove Salmon.
M : )
Looks delicious, Pam! We do not eat salmon very often, as it is quite pricey over here, but we love it! Especially when grilled or baked!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
What a wonderful memory! Although I've never had home-smoked salmon I love all smoked fish including trout and salmon.
ReplyDeleteDelicious salmon recipe with those sweet and sour ingredients!
I love salmon! And we've been having a lot of Alaskan salmon this year. This is such a terrific way to prepare it -- so flavorful and creative! Great stuff -- thanks.
ReplyDeleteYou always share the best salmon recipes Pam!
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing.
ReplyDelete