Check out this colorful pasta salad that’s simple and easy,
but tastes gourmet!
Bow-tie Pasta Salad
with Pan-roasted Red Peppers
Adapted
Ingredients:
Adapted
Ingredients:
1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼” strips
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 cups cooked bow-tie pasta (4-ounces dry pasta)
¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup black olives, sliced
Method:
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
When oil is very hot and begins to smoke, add the peppers and cook until lightly charred, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, chives, vinegar, and salt to pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, Cheddar cheese, bell peppers and olives.
Add the mayonnaise dressing and toss well to coat.
Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary, before serving.
Serves 6
ENJOY! and...
HAVE
A HAPPY SAFE LABOR DAY WEEKEND!



Hi Pam!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is one amazing colorful pasta salad. I just made pasta salad last night and I must say, it sure didn't look as "purty" as yours, lol...Love the simplicity and combination of flavors:)
Thank you so much for sharing, Pam...
P.S. I'm not back to blogging yet, that won't be until Sunday. I'm just in the midst of updating my sidebar:)
Good Morning Pam....
ReplyDeletethis looks so tasty and would be perfect for a HOT day like today!
A good dish and I won't even have to heat up the kitchen...
Enjoy the Holiday weekend...be safe.
shug
This recipe is very similar to the one I grew up on--except for the pasta. Mother always used elbow macaroni. I don't think there were many choices of shaped pasta back then.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend.
Best,
Bonnie
This looks awesome! What fun combination of ingredients :)
ReplyDeleteI love roasting and eating red peppers. So flippin' good. Right now I'm waiting on the organic farmer to release his bull horns. Fingers grossed they are there this Saturday at the Farmer's Market.
ReplyDeleteI love this Pam look absolutely delicious!
ReplyDeleteThat combination sounds wonderful together, and so colorful, too!
ReplyDeletelooks colourful and flavourful enjoy your weekend Pam
ReplyDeleteIs it Labor Day already?
ReplyDeleteOy.
I have roasted red peppers..I want to make this this weekend..Thank you.
Have a great weekend.
What amazing colors and lots of flavors here too.
ReplyDeleteSam
This is really delicious and filling pasta salad!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a delightful combination of ingredients! Have a terrific holiday weekend, Pam!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great salad for a backyard barbeque! Love all the flavors in it.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely salad Pam. I just picked up some roasted peppers at a local fruit and veggie stand.
ReplyDeleteI love the pan roasted red peppers, that's the trick I say & the dressing ~ Have a good long weekend ~
ReplyDeleteHappy holiday weekend to you! I would enjoy this bow tie pasta…A great pot luck or bbq salad. Lve it.
ReplyDeleteVelva
Dear Pam, A delicious salad for the holiday weekend. I love bow-ties.
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend is going beautifully. Blessings dear. Catherine xo
A delicious pasta salad! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Rosa
Such vibrant colours my friend, I am quite a big fan :D
ReplyDeleteCheers
Choc Chip Uru