A slice of this bread will awaken your senses and please your palate!
This Jalapeño Cheddar Bread is soft, easy to slice and has an amazing flavor; cheesy, not too spicy, with a crunchy crust, thanks to semolina flour.
This is an adapted recipe from the Chicago Tribune. It involves two rises that take about 3 hours; a bit of a wait, bet the end result is well worth it. I used a stand mixer to speed up the process, instead of kneading by hand, it’s easier and faster.
You can make it however spicy you like. For a bread with more heat, do not remove the ribs and seeds when you slice them. And freshly grated cheese is so worth it. Substitute pepper jack cheese if you prefer it for a little more zing.
It’s perfect for sandwiches, with a bowl of soup, or just at the dinner table by the slice with a little bit of butter...
Just don’t expect it to last very long!
Jalapeño Cheddar Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
Author: Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner
Prep time: 3 H & 20 MCooking time: 1 HourTotal time: 4 H & 20 M
This is a delicious moist, cheesy, slightly spicy bread with a great crunchy crust thanks to semolina flour. The bread does take a while to make, but it's worth every minute!
Ingredients
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup chopped green jalapeño pepper, seeded, ribs removed, about 6 medium-sized jalapeños (see Notes below)
1 envelope active dry yeast
¼ cup warm water (
110
degrees)
1 cup milk, at room temperature
3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 large egg, lightly beaten, at room temperature
2½ cups unbleached bread flour, or all-purpose flour
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon semolina flour, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
or
Monterey Jack cheese
Extra grated cheese for sprinkling on top, optional
Notes:
If you like more heat in the bread, do not remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeños, or use another pepper, such as serrano, anaheim or hatch chiles, or a mixture of 2 or 3 varieties of peppers.
Canned or pickled peppers, drained can be used: 2 (4-ounces) cans whole or sliced jalapeño peppers, chopped, canned hatch chiles, or other similar canned chile peppers.
I want the whole loaf! This looks so good, Pam. I love that you used lots of cheese in the dough and extra for the topping too. Absolutely irresistible.
Pam, Weirdly, I like jalapenos on sandwiches and I unfortunately love bread...especially cheddar bread. For some reason, I don't really care for jalapeno cheddar bread. Go figure! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
يعتبر علاج دوالي الساقين بالاعشاب من أكثر الأشياء التى يرغب عدد كبير من الأشخاص في معرفتها ويبحث عنها باستمرار حيث أنها من أكثر المشكلات الشائعة والتي تواجه النساء والرجال لكن النساء يعانون منها بشكل اكبر.
يعتبر يونيفورم الشيف في المطبخ أمرًا مهمًا لعدة أسباب: السلامة الشخصية: توفر ملابس الشيف اليونيفورم حماية للشيف من المخاطر المحتملة في المطبخ، مثل الحروق والجروح والتلوث الغذائي. يتم Fire resistant clothing in egypt أنواع محددة من الأقمشة المقاومة للحرارة لحماية الجسم من الملامسة المباشرة مع الأسطح الساخنة. كما تتميز الملابس بقصة مريحة ومرونة للسماح بحركة حرة وآمنة
The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt. ~ Dave Barry
🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒
Hi! I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
I want the whole loaf! This looks so good, Pam. I love that you used lots of cheese in the dough and extra for the topping too. Absolutely irresistible.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angie! The bread is great! Take care
DeleteI am book marking this for a non-keto day. I can taste it in my mind!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anne! It's really good, hope you try it! Take care
Deletelove the spicy twist and cheese sounds like a winner for us here for sure!
ReplyDeleteThe cheese is great with the jalapeños, Claudia! Thanks!
DeleteLooks very good Pam and I love the shot with the melting butter.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Larry! It is delicious! Have a good weekend!
DeleteGosh, that looks good! That bread and a hearty salad would make a delicious meal in my mind!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan! Glad you like it. Yes, salad and bread works for me. Take care
DeletePam, Weirdly, I like jalapenos on sandwiches and I unfortunately love bread...especially cheddar bread. For some reason, I don't really care for jalapeno cheddar bread. Go figure! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteThis sounds great! I once did a lot of bread baking. I would have to use that dough hook now. Arthritis has become an issue in my right hand.
ReplyDeleteاسعار مواتير المصاعد الايطالية في مصر فهو يختلف لأسباب مختلفة بلد الصنع وجودة الصنعة وهذا ينطبق على جميع أنواع المحركات سواء كانت إيطالية أو ألمانية.
ReplyDeleteيعتبر علاج دوالي الساقين بالاعشاب من أكثر الأشياء التى يرغب عدد كبير من الأشخاص في معرفتها ويبحث عنها باستمرار حيث أنها من أكثر المشكلات الشائعة والتي تواجه النساء والرجال لكن النساء يعانون منها بشكل اكبر.
ReplyDeleteيعتبر يونيفورم الشيف في المطبخ أمرًا مهمًا لعدة أسباب: السلامة الشخصية: توفر ملابس الشيف اليونيفورم حماية للشيف من المخاطر المحتملة في المطبخ، مثل الحروق والجروح والتلوث الغذائي. يتم Fire resistant clothing in egypt أنواع محددة من الأقمشة المقاومة للحرارة لحماية الجسم من الملامسة المباشرة مع الأسطح الساخنة. كما تتميز الملابس بقصة مريحة ومرونة للسماح بحركة حرة وآمنة
ReplyDelete