The Best Salmon I Have Ever Baked!
Bill told me way back when, that he was part of the "I really don't like salmon" crowd. Those were fighting words to me, and I was determined ~ and on a mission ~ to change his mind. I figured he had a bad encounter with salmon once, just like I did many years ago with a catfish dinner at Mammoth Cave, when I cut into the fish and fat streamed out of it.
I've been off on a long journey over the years for the best salmon recipe, and I'm sure I finally found it: I'm just not sure though how I acquired this great recipe.
Salmon has a great strong flavor and it's meatier than most fish. This rich, tender, flaky, and nutrient dense salmon gets slathered with a savory flavorful Dijon mustard sauce, then baked at a high temperature to perfection for our taste buds.
Just as good, are the healthy benefits of salmon: they include improving memory, aiding your brain to function better, protecting your nervous system from the deteriorating effects of aging, lowering your risk for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson diseases, and speeding up your metabolism. The Omega-3 fatty acids and selenium in salmon give you healthy skin, shiny hair and bright eyes, just like Vitamin D, to list a few.
The salmon was truly delicious ~ the best I have ever baked! The roasted potatoes weren’t bad either.
This is a simple recipe that has anything but simple results! I loved it, enjoyed it thoroughly, and will be making it again soon. It is now the recipe!
By the way, Bill truly liked it too!
If you like salmon, you'll love this!
If you don't like salmon, I bet you'll love this! Just try it!
Baked Salmon with Roasted Potatoes
Printable recipe
Ingredients:
1½ pounds salmon filet
1 pound small potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon seasoned black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Method:
Preheat oven to 450°.
Add potatoes to a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive and season with salt and pepper.
Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and roast for 10 minutes.
Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Place salmon on baking sheet, skin side down.
Spoon sauce over salmon.
Bake for 15 minutes, depending upon thickness, until salmon is cooked through and flaky.
Serve
Enjoy!
30 comments:
🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒
The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt.
~ Dave Barry
🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know,
nobody can ever
cook as good as
your Mama.
~ Paula Deen
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun
ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!


Good looking recipe and meal Pam and I have salmon in the freezer.
ReplyDeleteHi Larry! This salmon was great! Wish I had some in the freezer! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious! I always have a few portions in the freezer (the ones that come wrapped in single or 2 portion packages at either Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods). It’s a great backup — this recipe also uses pantry staples so it’s a really good idea.
ReplyDeletebest... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Thanks, Mae! I wish I could get on to the Trader Joe's band wagon. It seems so many people like it, and I don't get it. But salmon in the freezer, I get! Have a good day!
DeleteWe love salmon but most always grill. This sounds like a delicious recipe for when it's too darned cold to grill :) Love the seasonings.
ReplyDeleteSame here, Susan! I like this way better than grilled salmon, it's a good recipe. Take care
DeletePam, Sometimes the simplest recipes are just the best! This is a great example of that fact... Now I want salmon for dinner! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteHi Dave! You're right on spot! Sometimes simple is best. Thanks!
DeleteSam and I were just talking about recipes and ways to cook salmon. after all, my freezer is full of salmon from his Alaska fishing trip. I read this recipe to him and he is going to cook his next salmon using your recipe..... can't wait to taste this delicious, healthy dish
ReplyDeleteLucky you, Shug, with all that salmon in your freezer! Hope you guys like this as much as I do. It's an easy recipe that turned out really good! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMy favourite fish! Yours looks droolicious, Pam, I will have to try that sauce too.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angie! It's my favorite fish also. Take care
DeleteSalmon is our favourite fish and I have yet to discover a recipe that I do not like, this though sounds pretty good to me. Take care Diane
ReplyDeleteThanks, Diane! Same here, so many good salmon recipes, but this is my fave! Take care
DeleteCooked too long will dry Salmon out. Remember the old Salmon cooking rule: 8 minutes to the inch. I know it won't cook as fast in the oven, but 450 is a hot oven. Remember also, fillets are not as thick as they used to be (smaller fish), and if under cooked (no such thing with salmon), you can always cook a little more (even pop in you microwave) but you can never add the moisture back into a dry overcooked piece of Salmon. Recipe ingredients look delicious however. Just my humble suggestion.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info, James. That cooking rule is new to me. It definitely depends upon the thickness. This slab was cut from a large salmon and turned out nice and moist for us. Take care
DeleteThis sounds lovely. I am in the sitting on the fence brigade as to whether I like salmon or not.
ReplyDeleteHi Cakelaw! I hear you, it's something you either like or not! Thanks!
DeleteI love salmon. I need to get a piece and try your recipe this week. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteOh, I do also, Carol! Hope you like this if you try it! Take care
DeleteSalmon is so delicious, I prepare very similar sauce, yum☺
ReplyDeleteHi Nattalia! Bet yours is good also!
DeleteI really like baking things at high temperature. Keeps meat juicy, and it gets done so quickly. The salmon looks terrific -- really like that sauce. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks, John! Glad you like it! Have a good rest of the week!
ReplyDeletePam, we eat lots of salmon over this way and fix it in many ways. For us the Dijon method is one of our favorites. I must admit though, we eat our on the rare side. Another favorite of our is to take the piece of salmon and rub on Dijon, sprinkle on some white pepper and wrapped with prosciutto cooked 6-8 minutes.
ReplyDeleteYour Dijon salmon sounds great, Ron! I'm a little resistant to change when it comes to salmon. I like my steak rare and juicy red, but my salmon has to be cooked well done. I'm definitely not the seafood lover like my husband and rest of the family, I'm pretty "picky" about it and want salmon well done. Our sons loved most seafood and wondered in later years why we rarely ate it at home...
DeleteI am not a fan of salmon, but this looks really good! I would love to give this a try! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joyce! Hope you try it. You have a wonderful weekend also!
DeleteDear Pam, I accidentally hit publish. Oh well, I love simple and delicious!
DeleteHave a wonderful weekend. xoxo Catherine
Hi Catherine! I've done that too! Thanks and Happy Weekend! xoxo
ReplyDelete