Woo Hoo!!
It’s Super Bowl time again!!!
That means, party time again, and we’re taking this great tasty appetizer to our neighbors’ Super Bowl party!These little gems are meaty, cheesy and packed with flavor…
Roll the sausage and cheese into balls, nest them in a mini biscuit and bake, easy peasy. Maybe serve with a little mustard, or your favorite dipping sauce.
I have made the appetizer using hot Italian sausage and regular pork sausage. I prefer the hot and spicy, but use whatever type of sausage floats your boat. Add pepper, or not.
Enjoy the savory morsels while you’re watching the game, or as a snack, any time ~ even for breakfast.
After trying one, you may never stop at a fast food drive-in to get a sausage biscuit again!
It’s a sad sad thing that the Chicago Bears won’t be playing this Super Bowl, so woefully, I’m saying, “Go New England, go Tom Brady!”
Better make extra of these Cheesy Sausage Biscuit Bites because they will disappear as quickly as a Tom Brady pass to Edelman!
Cheesy Sausage Biscuit Bites
Ingredients:
2 (10 count) cans flaky biscuits (Grands Jr)
1 pound bulk hot or sweet Italian sausage or pork sausage
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper, optional
Method:
Preheat oven to 400°.
Mix raw sausage, cheese and pepper gently until well combined.
Shape into 40 equal-sized balls.
Remove biscuits from cans and separate each biscuit into 2 layers, making 40 total biscuit layers.
Press into cup of mini-cupcake pan (slightly greased if not non-stick bakeware.)
Repeat with remaining biscuit layers.
Place sausage-cheese ball in each biscuit cup.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly browned and sausage balls are bubbly.
Serve
Printable recipe
Enjoy!




Delicious...but needs spicier sausage!
ReplyDeleteThanks, son! Yep, I know how you like spicy!!!
DeleteWow.....thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks, William! They're really tasty!
DeleteSimple ingredients and awesome results, Pam. These cheesy sausage bites look mouthwatering!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angie! They are mouthwatering! :-)
DeleteLove these look absolutely wonderful Pam!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gloria! Take care. Hugs
DeleteI wonder if we have Grands? Because there are a lot of spicy or sweet Italian sausage in our family..so tasty!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Monique! I think any small biscuit would work fine, just so it's flaky and you can easily pull them apart into halves. A good little appetizer!
DeleteHi Pam, these look like the perfect gameday food, my husband would go crazy for these.
ReplyDeleteHi Cheri! Yeah, seems like all guys like sausage and biscuits! 😊 Thanks!
DeleteOh Pam...these look so good, and so easy...I would love to get a hold of a couple of them...perfect finger food.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your week :)
Thanks, Juliana! They're great for a gathering! Take care
DeleteOhhhh, those do look good.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ivy! Have a good week!
DeleteI personally don't eat meat combined with cheese, but I like biscuits as a basis to all kinds of goodies. And this sort of bites sounds wonderful for a game party.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Duta! I imagine they'd be good without the cheese. Thanks for the visit!
DeleteLooks like a delicious little appetizer Pam.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Larry! They're pretty tasty! 😊
DeleteVery good. Sorry I recovered a couple that were fumbled on to napkin. The Bears going to the Super Bowl is really a large dream. My saying is go bears and take the White Sox with you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, they are! My, my, my, at least the Cubs are safe!
DeleteMeaty and cheesy are two wonderful adjectives for any food, these look like awinner, nomatter who wins the gane!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Evelyne! They're my fave adjectives!
DeleteOh you didnt make enough of them I would eat them all no one would get any!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've heard that, Claudia! They disappear in a flash!
DeleteMmmmm...the combo of sausage and cheese cannot be beat! Especially for a Super Bowl appetizer!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Liz! Love those game day appetizers!
DeletePam, It's the hot/spicy sausage for Laurie and me! I love these bites and I have a hard time stopping eating them when a stack of them are available. I'm also rooting for Brady and the Patriots but Atlanta is dangerous and very hungry! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteOh, you are so right about Atlanta, a little scary! These little biscuits are addictive and I agree with hot/spicy thing! Thanks and take care, Dave!
DeleteWow - these are awesome bites of sausage biscuit! The southern girl in me sings for biscuits and with cheese and sausage I could hurt myself on these. Cute bowl for serving. Sorry about the Bears - but those Falcons need a win - sorry but it's their turn!
ReplyDeleteHa! I hear you with the Bears and Falcons, time is probably right for the Falcons Sunday. And yes, southerners love those biscuits. Thanks for the visit, Tricia!
DeleteWhat a fun idea! Who doesn't like a sausage biscuit? Such a wonderful combo of flavors. These little bites are perfect. I'll have a handful! Maybe two. :-) Thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, John! Bill and Bubba love the sausage/biscuit combo! A couple of handfuls is good. Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteOhhh girl, I have missed your cooking. Nothing changes, as soon as I log into your blog... I GET HUNGRY! These sound great. ps. loooooove your background.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Leslie! Glad you're back! :-) Have a great rest of the week!
Deletei'll do my best not to hold your fondness for tom brady against you... :)
ReplyDeletethese are delicious and PERFECT for super bowl snacking!
Sorry about that, Grace! :-) Yes, they're tasty little sppetizers! Enjoy the game!
DeleteThere is no telling how many of these little sausage bits my husband could eat. It is a good thing the recipe makes a lot so that there will be enough to share. Go PATS
ReplyDeleteHa! Thanks, Karen! They go fast! Yes, PATS! Take care
DeleteSadly, the Packers won't be playing either :( I can still cozy up with some great snacks like these and watch the commercials though!
ReplyDeleteHi Susan! Bill feels the same about the Pack. Yep, there's always the commercials! 😊
DeleteNo Chiefs either. Oh well.
ReplyDeleteThose look YUMMY!!
M : )
Yep Melinda, no Chiefs, no Bears. They are yummy delicious! Thanks!
DeleteI am sitting here this morning trying to think of some delicious small bites to make. These might make the cut! :) Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo, Debra! Hope they make it! Have a fun day!
DeleteA great munchie for the big game!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Beth!
Delete