Vegetable kabobs
are the perfect side to accompany
grilled meat!
A marinade of white wine, balsamic vinegar, honey and seasonings provides a sweet/savory coating for the peppers, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
![]() |
| Marinating |
This time, I skewered chunks of zucchini, whole mushrooms, red onion slices, a variety of peppers and plum tomatoes. Use whatever mix you like.
Cut vegetables thick, or leave small ones whole, so they will stay on the skewer as they grill.
Be sure to make plenty ~ they vanish quickly!
Vegetable Kabobs in White Wine and Honey Marinade
Printable recipe
Ingredients:
6 (12”) wooden skewers
Marinade:
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Vegetables:
1 zucchini, cut into 1” chunks
6 plum tomatoes, whole
8 ounces whole button mushrooms
12 assorted whole small peppers
1 large red onion, cut in half horizontally, along its equator, to expose its layers.
Method:
Soak skewers in water for 1 hour.
In a large bowl, stir marinade ingredients until honey is dissolved.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Remove vegetables from marinade, discarding marinade.
Thread vegetables onto soaked skewers, alternating colors, and place on hot grill.
Cook until vegetables are tender and lightly charred, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
6 servings
Enjoy!


So yum and healthy too! That white wine honey marinade sounds fantastic, Pam.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Angie! Have a great week!
DeleteGreat idea to grill vegetables in sticks...and yes, your marinate sounds fantastic...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration Pam, and have a wonderful week :)
Thanks, Juliana! Glad you like the veggies! You have a wonderful week also!
DeleteWhat a terrific side dish! While I tend to make roasted veggies in the winter, I forget to utilize the grill in the summer. I could eat these all myself---so yummy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Liz! The same here, these veggies were delicious!
DeletePam, My wife would like this one...especially with that marinade. I'd like the marinade too...on chicken. I'm just not big on hunks of onion, peppers or mushrooms. I'd have to substitute other veggies on my skewers... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteHi Dave! This would be great with about any vegetable. The sauce makes them taste great. Have a good week!
DeleteThis is a great dish and especially since veggies are so readily available now.... I love almost all veggies and I can so see this being so adaptable...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shug! It's adaptable for sure, a great marinade for veggies. Take care
DeleteThat does sound superb, honey and wine can only make it delicious. Have a good one Diane
ReplyDeleteThanks, Diane, glad you like it! Have a good week!
DeleteYum, so colorful and tasty, I would love to grab one!:)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Natalia! Wish you could reach in and grab one!
DeleteLove these kabobs! Looks so nice ♥
ReplyDeletesummerdaisycottage.blogspot.com
Thanks, Summer! Take care
DeleteLove grilled veggies! Their flavor gets really concentrated when prepared this way. So nice -- thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteThanks, John! The marinade does add great flavor to the veggies. Have a great week!
DeleteHi Pam! Late summer is a prefecture to grill vegetables. Perfect. I enjoy kebabs ( with meat or without) and I love serving kebabs over rice.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with you.
Velva
Thanks, Velva! I definitely could make a meal of them!
DeleteYou had me at grilled vegetables ....
ReplyDeleteThey're veggie good, Ivy! Have a good day!
DeleteHahshaha. Good one.
DeleteHa!!!
DeleteLove grilled veggies and these sound and look FAB! Love the marinade and will be trying it soon. Thanks for the great recipe!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marguerite! Glad you like the dish! Take care
DeleteYou are so right...these would be a perfect side for any meal, especially like grilled chicken or seafood!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debra! They would be good with about any meat. Take care
Delete