I know it’s grilling season here, but please! It’s in the 50’s and the heat is on in our house right now. But grilling goes on here almost daily, because who knows, it might be snowing next week at this rate! Now for the fish:
Fish doesn’t require a long time to marinate ~ a 30-minute soak is sufficient.
And, if you’re looking for a great marinade, look no further, as this one, with its simple ingredients is delicious.
It’s just the thing to grill when you can’t think of what else to cook!
Hope you like it!
Garlic-Butter Marinated Grilled Cod
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
4 cod fillets
Method:
In a saucepan, heat all ingredients, except cod, over medium heat.
Cool mixture and pour into resealable plastic bag.
Add cod, and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Place fillets on medium-hot grill and grill 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
ENJOY!
I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that it is summer!! Very cool and very rainy around here daily!! I alternate soup with salads. For decades, I thought cod came in dry little "blocks" and were very salty. It wasn't until I started visiting New England a few years ago that I realized it was a delicious "normal" fish!! This looks delicious!!
ReplyDeleteBest,
Bonnie
I know what you mean with the weather, Bonnie! It rained here earlier and is kind of dreary. Funny with the cod. The store doesn't carry it all the time, but we love it when they do. Thanks, it is delicious!
DeleteThanks, Akheela! It tastes good!
ReplyDeleteHi Pam, your simple grilled cod fish look really tempting and awesome. Thanks for sharing your very nice recipe.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day,regards.
Amelia
Thanks, Ameilia! I'll be making this again soon. Take care
DeletePam, This marinade sounds terrific! I've never tried grilling cod...but hey...why not!? The rain and cooler temperatures are past us and it will be in the low to mid-90s here today and for the next 3 or 4 days afterwards. It gets warm enough for us to grill here even in the winter although we do have periods each month during the winter where it is too chilly. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dave! It sounds like to me, we need to move down your way! I'm all for grilling in the winter! Have a great rest of the week. Take care.
DeleteHow delicious! We've not done any grilling this season. I think this would do fine in the oven!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nellie! Yes, it would do fine in the oven. Have a great rest of the week!
DeleteYou are on a roll with grilling! This marinade sounds great and LOOKS fabulous!
ReplyDeleteYou are on a roll with grilling! This marinade sounds great and LOOKS fabulous!
ReplyDeleteHa! We're on a roll for sure, Laurie! It was some great tasting fish!
DeleteThis look delicious Pam! I love garlic!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gloria! Me too, the more, the better!
DeleteI love the sound of this marinade - hope you get some warmer weather soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tricia! Yes, it finally warmed up and is beautiful, nice and sunny and warm this afternoon.
DeleteWell......the dish is beautiful.....as in the REAL dish! and of course.....this meal is making my mouth drool..... sounds like an easy enough marinade to add delicious flavors to the fish.... Geez....I sure wish I lived closer to you....I'd want to be your test taster for each meal... lol.
ReplyDeleteHa! Me too, Shug! That would be great! Glad you like the plate and the fish too!
DeleteANYTHING w/ garlic butter:)
ReplyDeleteI agree, Nana! Thanks.
DeleteMouthwatering, Pam! Everything’s better with garlic and butter! Sounds like a luscious marinate!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kathy! Have a great weekend!
DeleteIsn't this weather crazy? First it felt like August in June and now we've had the same cold spell with torrential rains. Your cod looks delish---I hope we're back to grilling soon :)
ReplyDeleteLiz, yes. And it sounds like it will rain/storms for the next week. Happy grilling!
DeleteSimple recipe for summer! And looks so perfectly grilled and delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Medeja! Simple, easy and good works for me.
DeleteSounds delicious Pam!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gaye! We love grilled fish.
DeleteWe've been making more cod recently on our flat griddle on the outdoor grill. I'll suggest your recipe next time we have cod - I know my husband and I would both love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan! I don't see cod in the store on a regular basis, but it's great for the grill when it's available! Have a great weekend!!
DeleteHi Pam,
ReplyDeleteSuper recipe and it is so easy. Love dinner like this..Especially love fish and cod is so good. Thanks for sharing..Hope that you have a wonderful weekend and it is warmer for you.
Dottie :)
Hi Pam,
ReplyDeleteWow, that dish looks really mouth watering! I love cod but it is not an affordable fish to feed a family of four over here! They are pretty expensive!
I would definitely enjoy this dishl
Hi Pam, your fish looks delicious, perfectly cooked. I love summertime as my husband does all the grilling.
ReplyDeleteIt's been so cold here lately that cooking outside has been the last thing I wanted to do but looking at your photo and I am changing my mind. I'll wear shoes and go outside for a dish that looks like yours! :)
ReplyDeleteDelicious way to prepare fish Pam! I love it!
ReplyDelete