Everyday
Midwestern home cooking means simple hearty dishes. Beef is a major part of it, as well as
noodles…
I don’t know
what it is about egg noodles, but I think they’re great. They’re flavorful ~ my favorite pasta.
This is a
simple supper that’s substantial and full of good taste ~ perfect comfort food
for the cold weather here now ~ which is all of 0
degrees now!
The good
thing is that it can all be made on the stovetop, with it coming together
quickly.
You can probably have dinner on the table in 25 minutes, or maybe even before
you can get the table set.
Ground Beef and Bell
Peppers w/Egg Noodles
Ingredients:
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 (8-ounce) can sliced mushrooms
2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
8 ounces uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
Parmesan cheese, optional
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 (8-ounce) can sliced mushrooms
2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
8 ounces uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
Parmesan cheese, optional
Method:
Cook noodles, al dente, according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium heat, brown beef, breaking it into bite-size chunks.
Add garlic and onions, cook until tender.
Stir in bell peppers and mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and seasonings, bring to a boil, and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Reduce heat, stir in noodles and heat thoroughly.
Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
4 servings
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium heat, brown beef, breaking it into bite-size chunks.
Add garlic and onions, cook until tender.
Stir in bell peppers and mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and seasonings, bring to a boil, and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Reduce heat, stir in noodles and heat thoroughly.
Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
4 servings
ENJOY!

I love this Pam!
ReplyDeletexo
This sounds like one of those "go-to" recipes! Thanks for sharing, Pam! xo
ReplyDeleteDear Pam,
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and yours.
I love egg noodles too. I think they remind me of childhood covered in butter and cheese!
This is a very nice and healthy meal. Perfect for the cold weather.
It is cold here too and snowing as I write; very damp wet snow!!
xo Catherine
Looks very satisfying and comforting for the cold days ahead in your part of the country.
ReplyDeleteSam
Good gosh, that looks good.
ReplyDeleteGood evening Pam...A very inviting dish. I love all of your ingredients and this is a fabulous recipe for this time of the year. Comfort food and something that will warm you up on this cold winter night. Your photo looks so good...Thanks fo sharing....Have a great rest of the week!
ReplyDeleteDottie :)
Pam, I hope that all is well...and try to stay warm! It's headed for 8 degrees overnight here...and Chicagoland is already in the deep freeze. As for the Beef & Noodles...it is true comfort food but I'd have to leave those bell peppers out of the recipe. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeletefabulously flavoured looks wonderful
ReplyDeleteI like egg noodles too.....I would eat them more often if the hubby liked noodles as much as I do. Geez.....I can't imagine temps of 0 degrees. I'm sure that good meals like this one are what helps to keep the body warm!! I'm sure hoping you all don't have a Winter like the one last year... Keep warm my friend...
ReplyDeleteWhat a great change from stuffed peppers, Pam! We usually have stuffed peppers with noodles so this dish just changes things up a bit. Just perfect for chilly days and a new year!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, Pam...
This looks so good and perfect for a cold day. I'm going slow on pasta, but this would work with brown rice, too.
ReplyDeleteIt's cold here too, but not as cold as you've got it! This would be perfect for a quick and easy supper after work. :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a delicious and easy weekday dinner!
ReplyDeleteSounding yummy!
ReplyDeleteMr. Ken would like this.
M : )
Looks delicious Pam and I really like dishes like this. I'm a big fan of egg noodles as well.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThis the perfect comfort food to warm us up for this very brutal weather that we are having. Stay warm!
It's going to be cold here tonight, too (below zero) so this is looking mighty tempting. Wonderful recipe -- thanks. And Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteWe could all use a little comfort food with this cold weather! This looks great, Pam!
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious,happy new year
ReplyDeleteThis sounds delicious - I do love Midwestern cooking.
ReplyDeleteThis looks delicious! Comforting and so perfect for a family one-pot meal!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!
A very delicious and quick meal. I love one dish meals - thanks for sharing:)
ReplyDelete