Creamy Spaghetti Squash w/Garlic


Spaghetti squash is one versatile veggie; it’s nutritious and tastes good too!



However, it probably doesn’t get all the love it deserves.  It has a delicate buttery taste, without adding butter; making it a healthy substitute for pasta, if a person is limiting carb intake.

Scooped out
Nearly done cooking

This is a creamy dish, that’s easy to pull together.  If you’ve never cooked the squash, this is a good recipe to start with!  Next time, I will be adding more garlic…


Creamy Spaghetti Squash w/Garlic

Ingredients:

1 spaghetti squash
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup half and half or milk
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut squash in half and remove seeds.
Bake squash, cut-side down on a baking sheet for about 45 minutes, until fork tender, let cool to handle.
Shred squash with a fork, lengthwise like spaghetti strands, set aside.
In a hot skillet, sauté onions and garlic until tender.
Add shredded squash and mix.
Season with salt and pepper.
Blend in chicken broth and half and half.
Add cheese and parsley, combine well.
Remove to serving dish.
Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan, if desired.
Serve

ENJOY!





21 comments:

  1. We enjoy spaghetti squash here, but generally use it with marinara sauce. This is a new option. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    this dish a good healthy alternative to many calorie laden dishes, especially during the holidays. I will have to try soon. Did you have giant snowflakes this morning? We did here, but they didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love spaguettis and with garlkic sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, We like spaghetti squash and we serve it several times during the fall and winter. We've never tried it like this though. We usually just season it and bake it...then slather it with some good Amish butter! I like the creamy effect that your recipe achieves though... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good, I cooked a spaghetti squash for the first time in over 35 years the other day, and I will definitely cook this squash more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam, I almost bought one of these at the farmers market last week, love how you prepared this!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting. I just baked off a big Halloween pumpkin yesterday and he shredded as well. Good stuff, these kinds of foods and I agree with you, they don't get enough love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE it!!

    I could eat it a lot actually:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love spaghetti squash, and this is a new way for me to fix it. Looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Pam, I really like spaghetti squash. It has so many ways to be dressed up and really is good. Your recipe sounds delsh!
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an easy delicious way to prepare spaghetti squash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scrumptious and comforting!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate to admit we've never tried spaghetti squash. It would be fantastic for my BIL who is diabetic. I just may surprise him next time we have him over for dinner. It sounds delicious Pam.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. We eat spaghetti squash at least once a week - I'll have to give this creamy version a try! Thanks Pam - Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never eaten nor seen a spaghetti squash before! Would love to try it!
    Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for reminding me about Spaghetti Squash, Pam. I haven't prepared it in a long time. Your recipe sounds/ looks so yummy!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love spaghetti squash! And love this recipe -- truly inspired. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Pam....this dish looks so tasty. I'm hungry and these photos make my mouth water...
    Stay warm...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum, this looks delicious, Pam. Spaghetti squash is a favorite in my house and I'm always looking for a new way to prepare it. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't think I've ever met a squash that I didn't like - especially winter squash. This looks like a wonderful preparation, Pam!

    ReplyDelete

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt.
~ Dave Barry

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

Keep smiling!
Pam



You know,

nobody can ever

cook as good as

your Mama.

~ Paula Deen


You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook

DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

Total Pageviews

09 10