Cornmeal and Fish go together like
Peanut Butter and Miracle
Whip!
Yum!
This flounder has a crisp crust, not like it’s deep-fried,
but crisp enough, without the mess of grease spattering ~ healthier! It’s simple and makes for a
good meal!
Baked Flounder with
Cornmeal Coating
Ingredients:
6 flounder fillets
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
½ cup cornmeal
¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
¼ cup milk
Non-stick cooking spray
Method:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a shallow dish, combine salt, pepper, paprika, cornmeal
and Panko.
Dip each fillet in milk, dredge in cornmeal mixture.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and place fish on it.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is
golden, turning once.
Serve
ENJOY!
Have a Fantastic Friday!

Good Morning Pam.....
ReplyDeleteHealthy and great tasting.....can't beat this combination!!
Happy Friday....
shug
Pam, That is some great looking flounder! Sign me up for dinner... Flounder is one of our favorite fish. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteI've never combined cornmeal and panko, but I like the sound of it. Count me in.
ReplyDeleteSam
Nice! Your intro made me smile too- "Like Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip (laugh).
ReplyDeleteHappy spring!
Velva
This sounds good. I like fried fish a lot and will try this healthier alternative.
ReplyDeleteI've never tried baked fish with a crust, glad to know it works and I'm sure the panko helped with crispiness.
ReplyDeleteI love flounder, I love fish, and I love baking it! I am definitely going to try your method! Now about that peanut butter in mayo comment?
ReplyDeleteyummy wonderfully done
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to add more fish to our diet..this will be fun to try!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds delicious and it is so much healthier too.
ReplyDeleteI would enjoy it very much.
Blessings dear. Catherine xo
LOL.. okay, I'm not really sure about peanut butter and miracle whip, but I do know that fish and cornmeal go excellent together. Love that you use a little panko in there too to give it an additional crunch!
ReplyDeletethese look so good Pam !
ReplyDelete