We like most any type of sausage ~
whether it’s beef, pork or veal ~ whether it’s fresh, cooked and smoked, or dry. Now, a new one has been added to the
list ~ turkey sausage.
Bill is really big on turkey so when
I saw a package of Italian-style turkey sausages in the grocery store the other
day, I bought it for something new to try on him. There are a plethora of recipes for turkey sausage on the
Internet, and I zoned in on this one from Dr. Oz.
This was good! If you’re a fan of sweet turkey
sausage, bell peppers and tomatoes, you’ll like it too. The next time, I’ll be making
this with hot turkey sausage, instead of sweet.
This recipe is a keeper! I served it with brown rice and a green
salad.
Turkey Sausage with Peppers
Adapted
Ingredients:
1 package Jennie-O Sweet
Italian-style turkey sausage (5 sausages)
2 bell peppers, sliced and cut in
half
1 sweet onion, sliced
1 (28-ounce) can Hunts Fire Roasted Tomatoes Diced
½ teaspoon each ground basil and oregano
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning
Non-stick cooking spray
Method:
Slice sausages into bite-size chunks.
Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray liberally.
Turn heat to medium high and brown sausages, remove and set
aside.
Spray skillet generously with cooking spray again and add
onions.
Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender.
Return sausages to skillet.
Blend in tomatoes and seasonings.
Simmer over low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
Serve
ENJOY!
Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My
Kind of Cooking for
great tips and delicious easy recipes!
Take a minute,
and go here to enter a great giveaway
from Hickory Farms! It’s chock
full of all kinds of goodies you’ll like!
Hi Pam , turkey sausages are the best and you will enjoy the hot ones even more , thanks for sharing :).
ReplyDeleteWe used to get turkey sausages in S.Africa but I have never seen them here sadly. Maybe I should make my own! Have a good weekend Diane
ReplyDeleteHow fun that Bill likes turkey sausage. I have to hide the word "turkey" from my husband when it's an ingredient (not the bird itself). Maybe I could fool him on this one too :)
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend Pam.
Sam
Yum! We love sweet Italian turkey sausage! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLooks good and Pam and I also rarely meet a sausage I don't like.
ReplyDeleteI love turkey sausage and it's always in my brunch baked dish on Christmas morning, I use the spicy ones. This sounds like a dish we would enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your kind comments recently :)
Pam look soo good and delicious!
ReplyDeletepam this looks wonderful
ReplyDeleteSounds full of flavor!
ReplyDeleteGive me a plate of sausages anytime! I have not tried turkey ones though!
ReplyDeleteLooks really good!
Dear Pam, This does sound good and healthy too. I like hot sausage too. I think a mix of the sweet and hot would be good too.
ReplyDeleteTake care dear and I keep you in my prayers.
Blessings and a hug, Catherine xo
Pam,
ReplyDeleteYour dish with the Turkey Sausage sounds wonderful. We use the ground turkey all of the time. We'll have to try the sausages.
This sounds like such a hearty and flavorful meal, Pam! Perfect for cold fall night. Thank you for sharing such a delicious dish. I hope you have a wonderful start to your week!
ReplyDeleteChris is not a big fan of any kind of sausage, unfortunately, so I don't make it very often... next time I slip it into a meal, though, I'm definitely trying the turkey sausage!!
ReplyDeleteWe love sausages of all types but turkey is one of the choices here... This time of year we can get duck sausages, though - which are great. Like you, love them with peppers.
ReplyDeleteAnd love Hickory Farms - miss getting stuff from them.