This recipe has just the right ingredients for making delicious
pork tenderloin ~ you will not be disappointed with the finished dish!
The lean meat is nearly impossible to cook without being
dry, flavorless and tough because it is not marbled with fat. The cut begs to be spiffed up,
and this savory sauce did the job.
It’s a delicious combination of flavors with apricot brandy, grainy
mustard and Dijon mustard, that doesn’t take long to put it together.
I’m a fan of mustard and like brandy too ~ I’m almost
obsessed with the heavenly taste of this sauce!
Pork Tenderloin with
Apricot Brandy Sauce
Ingredients:
1 pound pork tenderloin, all visible fat and silver skin
discarded
Olive oil cooking spray
Apricot Brandy Sauce
ingredients:
¼ cup Apricot Brandy
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon light margarine
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
Method:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Spray the meat with cooking spray.
Cook for about 20 minutes or until internal temperature is
145-150 degrees by a food thermometer.
For the sauce:
In a small saucepan, heat brandy, mustards and broth until
mixture boils.
Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce
reduces by a third, stirring occasionally.
Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened.
Add butter and pepper and stir until butter melts.
Drizzle over pork and pour remainder into bowl for table
use.
Deeelicious!
Be sure to visit my friend; Linda's blog, My Kind of Cooking,
for her great cookbooks, tips and delicious recipes!
Pam - This looks & sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteYou're a day late with this delicious looking recipe! Of course, if my pork tenderloin had been this delicious, we wouldn't have ended up with fried rice!! Next time!
ReplyDeleteBest,
Bonnie
Que cosa tan buena, me encanta.
ReplyDeleteSaludos
I agree about pork needing to be spiffed up. Dijon mustard sauce does it every time for me.
ReplyDeleteSam
Wow, Pam, this sounds delicious! I always dip my pieces of pork tenderloin in spicy mustard for a little kick! :)
ReplyDeleteThe HHHs you had, moved east and now we cannot wait for it to move on & out- tonight.
~Judy
Thanks for the recipe, I cook a lot with Cognac brandy to accompany als ue igualq meals with this wonderful drink
ReplyDeleteSimply ... yum.
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Glenda
Out of all meats......Pork is my second fav. Of course, Lobster (I guess this is a meat??) is my all time favorite!! so...I welcome any and all recipes dealing with pork.
ReplyDeleteI know your family looks forward to all the new dishes that you come up with...they all look GREAT.
hugs....
Pam, We love pork! This sauce sounds perfect... I'm not into 'sweet' with my protein but the mustard combo addresses the purely sweet issue and I think I'd really like it. Thanks for the recipe... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteSounds like a winner to me. Pork tenderloin and apricot brandy. What's not to love.
ReplyDeleteI don't make pork tenderloin very often for the very reasons you list. This recipe sounds good Pam, love the Dijon.
ReplyDeleteChris is not a huge fan of pork tenderloin, so I don't get to cook it very often... but this looks and sounds so delicious, he just might have to find something else to eat!!!
ReplyDeletePork tenderloins are one of my favorite pork cuts and this brandy sauce would rock with it.
ReplyDelete