We like cabbage ~ we like noodles ~~~ so this dish was a hit for us!
I came across this recipe while reading Guideposts magazine. As the writer states, “It doesn’t seem like a recipe… Just seems like cabbage cooked with a few noodles.”
That’s exactly what it is ~ tastes good and it’s simple!
Cabbage and Noodles
Adapted
Adapted
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 scallions, sliced, plus more for garnish
1 small head of cabbage, chopped
½ to 1cup water
8 ounces noodles
1 small head of cabbage, chopped
½ to 1cup water
8 ounces noodles
1 teaspoon fresh herbs
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
Heat oil in large skillet.
Add scallions and sauté for 1 minute.
Add cabbage and ½ cup water, cook until translucent, stirring frequently.
Add more water if cabbage sticks to skillet.
In the meantime, cook noodles according to package directions, until al dente.
Drain and add to cabbage.
Add cabbage and ½ cup water, cook until translucent, stirring frequently.
Add more water if cabbage sticks to skillet.
In the meantime, cook noodles according to package directions, until al dente.
Drain and add to cabbage.
Add herbs, if desired and season with salt and seasoned
pepper.
Continue to cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring to blend well.
Garnish with scallions, if desired.
Serve 5-6
Continue to cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring to blend well.
Garnish with scallions, if desired.
Serve 5-6
ENJOY!!
Be
sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips
and delicious easy recipes!
We have a similar standby recipe. Sometimes I add chopped ham if any is on hand. Deliciously simple!!
ReplyDeleteBest,
Bonnie
Learn to cook holy food or religious food or spiritual food in the simplest way.holy food
ReplyDeletereligious food
This is very about the very best "tastes like home" food there is.
ReplyDeleteWhat a spectacularly simple idea. Cabbage here I come.
ReplyDeleteSimple and delicious one.
ReplyDeleteQue rico plato, me encanta como te ha quedado.
ReplyDeleteSaludos
I love this combination of ingredients and make it all the time; simple is often the best!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE cabbage! When I make this my husband will want me to add bacon. That man will only eat cabbage if it has some bacon in it. He is usually not so picky.
ReplyDeleteLove the simplicity and ease of this recipe!! I know I would just love this!!
ReplyDeleteI grew up eating Haluski which is similar to this but you add in some bacon!
ReplyDeleteCabbage and noodles is almost a regular dish in my family! Have it at least once a week! :)
ReplyDeleteI love both these ingredients but have never tried putting them together before. Great idea and thanks for this one. Have a good weekend Diane
ReplyDeleteA great combination! Delicious.
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Rosa
Better yet if you skip the water and cook the cabbage until it starts to brown. The family thinks the browner the better.
ReplyDeletesometimes you can't beat simple!
ReplyDeleteThese are some of my favorite dishes, sometimes.
ReplyDeleteOh how we love cabbage....who would have thought about putting noodles in it...yummy!! Got to try this one Pam...as well as those delicious looking streusel muffins ~ oh my!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend :)
Karla & Karrie
Love cabbage and noodles.... Also love sauerkraut and noodles!
ReplyDeleteI love me some cabbage and noodles! I make something similar with sour cream in it!
ReplyDeleteHi Pam, this looks delicious and I have all the ingredients on hand! I can't wait to try it! Have a lovely Sunday!
ReplyDeleteTwo favorites of mine too! I know I would love this.
ReplyDeletePam, that is a great recipe: I love cabbage and always look for ways to use it! :)
ReplyDelete