I’m Too Excited to Cook Today!






I’m too excited to be cooking today, which is a rarity for me!

We had quite an amazing, surprising weekend ~ to say the least!  We had a garage sale over the weekend, the first one in many years and the last one!  And we also celebrated Bill’s birthday, which was Saturday.  Thankfully, he is once again my age.

To top all of that, our son, Matt, and his wife, Kathy, arrived carrying a basket.  Matt said he would like to put the items in the sale but wanted us to look at it all first and voice our opinions.  I thought that was a little strange; then he insisted his Dad and I look at it together.

I removed the paper and saw a bib on top that read, “I love Grandpa.”  Now I thought it was REALLY strange and wondered if they were now in the business of selling bibs.    I’m a little slow!  I lifted the bib and underneath laid a framed photo of a ultrasound.  I screamed and yelled over to the next county!  I got it!


I’m going to be a grandmother for the first time!





It was a birthday Bill will never forget and one of the best days of my life!

All we have to do is wait now and in the meantime I will be doing some shopping for baby “goodies” as I have been waiting for this for years!

Congratulations to you both, Kathy and Matt!  We are proud and ecstatic beyond words. 



65 comments:

  1. Congratulations grandma! That is an excellent reason not to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting! Cute way to announce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Pam!!! Talk about a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic news. CONGRATULATIONS and lots of happiness for all of you!!
    Love,
    Lia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What an adorable way to share the news!!! I remember the wedding pics. You are so cute, and it will be a lot of fun to get ready for the first grand baby. There is nothing better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such exciting news!! Congratulations!! You must be so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats Pam!!!! I can totally understand why you are too excited to cook today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Grandma! Love the way your son and daughter-in-law shared the news with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only add to what every one else has said. Congratulations. Hope all goes well and soon you will be holding your grandchild. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!

    My in-laws just became grandparents this weekend as my sister-in-law gave birth to a healthy baby boy!

    Praying in a few months, you will get the same joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Grandma, you are going to love this phase of life! My granddaughter just turned one, and this has been a wonderful year. They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So thrilled for you both!
    Nothing is more wonderful!
    What a lovely and unique way to tell you both of coming attractions. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You must be over the moon! That is thrilling news!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet way to tell you! Congratulations, grandma! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! That is such amazing news, and I love the way they broke it you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that is so exciting! What a wonderful way to tell you!! I wish them well! Now get cooking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats dear Pam is an amazing new!!!you will a georgeous grand Mom Im sure!! xxxgloria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Pam! You are going to be a fantastic grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATULATIONS ! What wonderful news ! You must all be soooo thrilled. When is the baby due ?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pam this is a great news!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!
    You will be a wonderfull granmother!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! What fantastic news, I am so happy for you!!!!

    Have a great day.

    XX
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a blessing! What beautiful news! You will simply LOVE being a grandmother. It is the most wonderful experience there is. Now, don't go too overboard with your shopping....ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!! How exciting!!! My mother insists that being a grandmother is a thousand times more rewarding than being a parent. So thrilled for your happy news!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Pam! That is such great new; I love the picture of the beautiful couple. Happy days are ahead for you!
    I have 4 and my oldest granddaughther is 18 years old, the baby 13, 2 grandsons of 16 and 14. They are a joy!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! Being a Grandmom is the best! My grandkids call me "Gigi"

    It will be fun making things in the kitchen for the baby and seeing them enjoy watermelon, corn, and more...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations!! What great news for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations to all of you. I loved the way they revealed the news to you. Enjoy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pam, I am happy for you. I remember when we heard about our first grandchild. It was the weirdest, best feeling. I felt like I was floating. This is a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all so very much for your kind comments! I am still in a state of shock and barely able to contain my excitement.

    The new addition to the family is due in February and I know Matt and Kathy will be wonderful parents.

    Thanks again so much ~ you all have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations Pam! Such an exciting news...I am very happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh Pam - how fantastic !!!! I made my mum a first time grandmother in 2008. My little bean will be 2yo at the end of OCtober. Time simply disappears !

    I'd love to send you a little prezzie. DO email me your address !

    Lots of love

    S-J

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations! What a cute way to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations Pam and Bill and Kathy and Matt!!YAY!!...Kathy and Matt are a beautiful couple and I wish them the very best...Pam, I could feel your excitement from your post and I am so happy for you all...I look forward to baby updates!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an incredibly warm and heartfelt moment you must have had when your kids were so original in their news delivery ;o)

    Congratulations to you Pam and to all who will be blessed with the new addition to your family.

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations to you Pam! That was a great way to receive good news:D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations! You have some very special years ahead of you. It's the best job in the world. I hope you've had a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations! You have to start posting baby food recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations!! How clever they are to surprise you that way!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How excitng!!! What a wonderful way your son & daughter-in-law shared their great news!

    You & your hubby will enjoy your new roles. I am not a shopper, but somehow always manage to find something for our little grandson at the mall. :)

    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awwww! Congratulations to all of you!!! My parents say that being a grandparent is one of life's greatest pleasures! Enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations Pam. I am a first-time grandmother only 2 months ago and she makes me smile everyday.
    All the Best, Deb (Ottawa, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations.. It is a great feeling to be with family.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations to you and your family! That basket is such a darling way to make the BIG announcement. How fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  44. OHMYGOSH! Congratulations! I am jumping up and down for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks again for all your wonderful comments! I am overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congratulations to all of you! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh my gosh...I am such a dork...your post made me cry! So happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks again! It made me cry too!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh how fun- that's wonderful news!

    Your cherry pie is beautiful, too, but that's nothing compared to a new baby congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Now that is exciting...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks, Bo! I am very excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. How exciting! Take it from me, you will LOVE being a grandma(I can already tell:))!!!
    BTW, That was such a cute way to tell you:)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Sue Sparks, thank you! I am sure I will love being a grandmother and can hardly wait! Yes, Matt and Kathy were very creative and it certainly took me by surprise! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Congratulations!! Being a Gramma is the best thing in the world - you're going to love, love, love it! My precious granddaughters are 4 yrs and 3-1/2 months. Happy, happy, happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Karen, thank you! You definitely know what its all about. I remember your being there when your younger granddaughter was born. I am so looking forward to our little one's arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Awww! Congratulations! What a glorious surprise for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Congratulations to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Sweetums, thank you! It was indeed a great surprise!

    scrambledhenfruit, thank you so much! We are excited for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wonderful, wonderful news. Very best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Brownieville Girl, thank you so much! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Pam, what amazing followers you have!! Everyone has so many sweet comments!! It was so much fun to read the blog and all of the beautiful responses. We are so excited for the baby and can't wait!! Congrats Grandma :) You are going to be the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi sweet Kathy! Yes, you're so right! They are great comments and everyone was so nice! Now, if February would just hurry and get here! Love...

    ReplyDelete

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

The trouble is, you cannot grow just one zucchini. Minutes after you plant a single seed, hundreds of zucchini will barge out of the ground and sprawl around the garden, menacing the other vegetables. At night, you will be able to hear the ground quake as more and more zucchinis erupt.
~ Dave Barry

🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒 🍒🍒🍒

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

Keep smiling!
Pam



You know,

nobody can ever

cook as good as

your Mama.

~ Paula Deen


You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook
You know, nobody can ever cook as good as your mama. Paula Deen
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/paula_deen_431843?src=t_cook

DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

Total Pageviews

09 10