Chicago Cubs Win World Series 2016 After 108-Year Drought!




Celebration from last night and today doesn’t include cooking!



Woo Hoo!!!! 



The Curse is Over!!!!







Just in case you don’t know, the Chicago Cubs are no longer under the “Billy Goat Curse”.  They ended more than a century of frustration ~ a 108-year wait for a World Series title by beating the Cleveland Indians last night in an exciting Game Seven classic.






A 17-minute rain delay followed the ninth inning, when Ben Zorbrist smacked a tie-breaking RBI in a two-run 10th inning that led the Cubbies to an 8-7 victory over the Indians last night.






Even though, I’m an Ohio Buckeye at heart, I have lived in the Chicago area for over 36 years; I’m a die-hard Chicago Cub fan.   

I feel for the Cleveland Indians and all my family back there in Cleveland and the Columbus area ~ maybe the Indians can try harder next year when the Cubbies will be back and beat them again❣  ☺






Congrats to the Cubbies, Manager Joe Madden, and all of us long-suffering fans.  They had one heck of a year❣❣❣




The only person missing last night was Harry Caray!  He would've loved it!



 Woo hoo!!!





Way to go, Cubbies!!!



 





Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! You seem to be good not only at food recipes but also at sports teams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Duta! I've been following them for years and love 'em! Take care

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to the Cubbies. Way to go.
    I remember this feeling very well when the Royals won last year.
    today was the anniversary of our parade. We did not have school that day either.

    When will your parade be?

    Enjoy the feelings.


    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melinda! The parade was yesterday, great parade with over 5 million people!

      Delete
  3. Pam, Having lived in Chicago for over 27 years before we retired to Eastern Tennessee, we are both rapid Cubs fans too! My better half almost passed out when Rajai Davis hit that home run in the 8th inning! When her favorite, Bryant threw the last Cleveland batter out she bounced around the living room like a teenager... The goat is dead! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, Dave! The goat is dead! What an ending to the series, a great game!

      Delete
  4. Yay, Cubs! I'm a tried and true Yankees fan, but I was so happy for the Cubs fans last night. I stayed up way past my bedtime, but it was so worth it. What a great game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo, Carol! Glad you liked it also! We've waited a long time for this! Take care

      Delete
  5. What a great game! Was on pins and needles the whole time, but it was worth staying up late! Go Cubs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! And I was on pins and needles the whole time too! Glad you liked it also!

      Delete
  6. My dad grew up on the near north side and was a die hard Cubbies' fan. I think he's celebrating up in heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet he is, Liz! And he's at peace now since they finally won! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________