Tomato and Peach Salad



This is my new favorite summer salad!




I was doubtful when I came across this recipe in Cooking Light:  peaches with tomatoes and red onion???  But then I told Bill (the peach and tomato lover in the house), about it, became intrigued and had to give it a go.



It’s amazing how the individual flavors of tomatoes, peaches and red onions ~ each taste delicious on its own ~ generate a uniquely different flavor when combined.


Acid and sweet balances perfectly with the tangy vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, lime juice and honey, coating the blend.




It’s a saporous combination that uses great flavors of summer and goes well with any grilled meat!



I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we do!





Tomato and Peach Salad



Ingredients:



3 medium peaches, skinned, pitted and cut into thick wedges

3 medium red tomatoes, skinned and cut into large chunks

½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved

½ medium red onion, thinly slice



Dressing:



1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

1 teaspoon honey

2 tablespoons olive oil

¼ teaspoon sea salt

½ teaspoon seasoned pepper



Method:



In a large bow, combine the peaches, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and red onion, and toss gently.

In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice and honey.

Slowly add the oil in a thin stream, whisking to emulsify,

Season with salt and pepper.

Add the dressing to the peach mixture and gently toss.

Serves 8





ENJOY!






Comments

  1. Pam, This is the kind of salad that my better half would love... Me, not so much although I do like tomatoes and love fresh peaches. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second time today that I've seen a salad with peaches. I think the universe is trying to tell me something! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting combination. I'm not sure I'm adventuresome enough to try it, though.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combination isn't it? I've been putting peaches and tomatoes together for a while now, but for some, it takes a taste or two to be convinced how great they are together.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your salad sounds terrific to me! I made a tomato salad with a peach vinaigrette last year that was outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awhile back there was a sale for peach salsa (with onions, peaches and toms). I wasn't sure but man alive, so flippin' good. Then later I got to try the same but with pineapple. Oh my gosh. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great salad! We have a peach tree and it's time to start picking all the peaches. My tomatoes are ripening and I grew onions too. We might try this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Light and fresh..I like it ~ Thanks for sharing Pam ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam ... This is a great dish , This is a must do salad for tomorrow dinner , grill chicken leg quarters , my dinner is complete . Thanks for sharing ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a fantastic way to feature fresh tomatoes (and peaches, for that matter!). love the whole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great combination.. Simple n fresh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mixing fruits and veggies! This salad is so summery Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A unique combo. This salad must taste heavenly.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can almost imagine how good the combination would be! A great summer cooling salad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is such a god idea to pair peaches and tomato! I must try when peaches will be in season :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who would have originally put this combination of ingredients together? I would never have thought of it. Looks so tasty and I can only imagine the flavors marrying together....Tons of flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got to try this. I've got a big red onion sitting in my kitchen and the tomatoes are just right, and I love peaches. Thanks, Pam, for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never seen this..what a good combo!I just happen to have the ingredients on my counter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have peaches and tomatoes every day for lunch - but never combined. Interesting idea.... And I have red onions from my garden....

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a hoot. How could you know that for the last week I've been thinking about combining tomato with fruit in a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would have been doubtful as well but I will take your word for it and try this out. It does sound interesting. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's definitely a unique combo but it looks refreshing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a fantastic sounding salad! I must try it before the peaches disappear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________