Turkey Sausage with Peppers



We like most any type of sausage ~ whether it’s beef, pork or veal ~ whether it’s fresh, cooked and smoked, or dry.  Now, a new one has been added to the list ~ turkey sausage.


Bill is really big on turkey so when I saw a package of Italian-style turkey sausages in the grocery store the other day, I bought it for something new to try on him.  There are a plethora of recipes for turkey sausage on the Internet, and I zoned in on this one from Dr. Oz.

This was good!  If you’re a fan of sweet turkey sausage, bell peppers and tomatoes, you’ll like it too. The next time, I’ll be making this with hot turkey sausage, instead of sweet. 

This recipe is a keeper!  I served it with brown rice and a green salad.


Turkey Sausage with Peppers
Adapted

Ingredients:

1 package Jennie-O Sweet Italian-style turkey sausage (5 sausages)
2 bell peppers, sliced and cut in half
1 sweet onion, sliced
1 (28-ounce) can Hunts Fire Roasted Tomatoes Diced
½ teaspoon each ground basil and oregano
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning
Non-stick cooking spray

Method:

Slice sausages into bite-size chunks.
Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray liberally.
Turn heat to medium high and brown sausages, remove and set aside.
Spray skillet generously with cooking spray again and add onions.
Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add peppers and sauté for 3-4 minutes until tender.
Return sausages to skillet.
Blend in tomatoes and seasonings.
Simmer over low heat for about 10-15 minutes.
Serve

 
ENJOY!


Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes!



Take a minute, and go here to enter a great giveaway from Hickory Farms!  It’s chock full of all kinds of goodies you’ll like!









Comments

  1. Hi Pam , turkey sausages are the best and you will enjoy the hot ones even more , thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to get turkey sausages in S.Africa but I have never seen them here sadly. Maybe I should make my own! Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that Bill likes turkey sausage. I have to hide the word "turkey" from my husband when it's an ingredient (not the bird itself). Maybe I could fool him on this one too :)

    Happy weekend Pam.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We love sweet Italian turkey sausage! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good and Pam and I also rarely meet a sausage I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love turkey sausage and it's always in my brunch baked dish on Christmas morning, I use the spicy ones. This sounds like a dish we would enjoy!

    Thanks so much for your kind comments recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give me a plate of sausages anytime! I have not tried turkey ones though!
    Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Pam, This does sound good and healthy too. I like hot sausage too. I think a mix of the sweet and hot would be good too.

    Take care dear and I keep you in my prayers.

    Blessings and a hug, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam,
    Your dish with the Turkey Sausage sounds wonderful. We use the ground turkey all of the time. We'll have to try the sausages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like such a hearty and flavorful meal, Pam! Perfect for cold fall night. Thank you for sharing such a delicious dish. I hope you have a wonderful start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris is not a big fan of any kind of sausage, unfortunately, so I don't make it very often... next time I slip it into a meal, though, I'm definitely trying the turkey sausage!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love sausages of all types but turkey is one of the choices here... This time of year we can get duck sausages, though - which are great. Like you, love them with peppers.
    And love Hickory Farms - miss getting stuff from them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

_________________________

"We plan, we toil, we suffer – in the hope of what? A camel-load of idol’s eyes? The title deeds of Radio City? The empire of Asia? A trip to the moon? No, no, no, no. Simply to wake just in time to smell coffee and bacon and eggs."
~ J.B. Priestly
_________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Popular Posts