Baked Parmesan Perch


This is a great-tasting replacement for traditional high-fat fried fish.



We all know that we need to consume more fish and that it should be grilled or baked, instead of fried. After a swipe of olive oil, this perch was breaded with nutritious whole-wheat bread crumbs that were combined with seasonings, basil and Parmesan cheese. 

If you like perch, I hope you give it a go.  It bakes to a crispy goodness, and you won’t miss it not being fried ~ nor the clean-up ~ the mess from frying. 

It’s quick, simple and good!

Baked Parmesan Perch

Ingredients:

¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 pound perch fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
Brush fillets with olive oil, dip in crumb mixture.
Place fish on baking sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.

ENJOY!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes!





Comments

  1. What a great idea. We don't fry and never have, but I have a SIL who won't eat any fish unless it's fried. I think I'll try this on her :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, Those are some great looking perch filets! I've got my napkin in my lap right now... It's tough finding perch down here in East Tennessee, but we can use Tilapia instead. Thanks and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olive Oil & Fish go hand in hand, to me, too. :) I never fry fish, either. :) This looks so good!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do love perch here- this looks perfect. I really need to cook more fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious and healthy way to enjoy fish, Pam! I haven't cooked perch before, but now I'm eager to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love a plate of this fish right now! Looks scrumptious and the batter turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had fish similar to this, and it never looked this good!! When does your cookbook come out???

    shug

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet we would love this and yes we are trying to eat more fish so thanks! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds wonderful. We do need to eat more fish. With this recipe I might be able to get my husband to give it a try. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made that look so good. I remember perch from growing up in Illinois. Out here, I'm not sure I've ever seen perch. I sure would like to try this with something else though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me want to run to the kitchen now! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've done fish like this before and it's pretty hard to tell it's not been fried. It's perfect!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks delicious, Pam!
    I love the crust with all the herbs and spices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Holloween, Pam. I'm sure you had a great time with your family. Baking with parmesan sounds terrific to me. And yours look really tasty good.
    Enjoy YOur week.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

_________________________

"We plan, we toil, we suffer – in the hope of what? A camel-load of idol’s eyes? The title deeds of Radio City? The empire of Asia? A trip to the moon? No, no, no, no. Simply to wake just in time to smell coffee and bacon and eggs."
~ J.B. Priestly
_________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Popular Posts