Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Brandy Sauce


This recipe has just the right ingredients for making delicious pork tenderloin ~ you will not be disappointed with the finished dish!


The lean meat is nearly impossible to cook without being dry, flavorless and tough because it is not marbled with fat.   The cut begs to be spiffed up, and this savory sauce did the job.  It’s a delicious combination of flavors with apricot brandy, grainy mustard and Dijon mustard, that doesn’t take long to put it together.

I’m a fan of mustard and like brandy too ~ I’m almost obsessed with the heavenly taste of this sauce! 



Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Brandy Sauce

Ingredients:

1 pound pork tenderloin, all visible fat and silver skin discarded
Olive oil cooking spray

Apricot Brandy Sauce ingredients:

¼ cup Apricot Brandy
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon light margarine
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper

Method:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Spray the meat with cooking spray.
Cook for about 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 145-150 degrees by a food thermometer.

For the sauce:

In a small saucepan, heat brandy, mustards and broth until mixture boils.
Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce reduces by a third, stirring occasionally.
Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened.
Add butter and pepper and stir until butter melts.
Drizzle over pork and pour remainder into bowl for table use.


Deeelicious!



Be sure to visit my friend; Linda's blog, My Kind of Cooking, for her great cookbooks, tips and delicious recipes!







13 comments:

  1. Pam - This looks & sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a day late with this delicious looking recipe! Of course, if my pork tenderloin had been this delicious, we wouldn't have ended up with fried rice!! Next time!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que cosa tan buena, me encanta.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about pork needing to be spiffed up. Dijon mustard sauce does it every time for me.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Pam, this sounds delicious! I always dip my pieces of pork tenderloin in spicy mustard for a little kick! :)

    The HHHs you had, moved east and now we cannot wait for it to move on & out- tonight.

    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe, I cook a lot with Cognac brandy to accompany als ue igualq meals with this wonderful drink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Out of all meats......Pork is my second fav. Of course, Lobster (I guess this is a meat??) is my all time favorite!! so...I welcome any and all recipes dealing with pork.
    I know your family looks forward to all the new dishes that you come up with...they all look GREAT.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, We love pork! This sauce sounds perfect... I'm not into 'sweet' with my protein but the mustard combo addresses the purely sweet issue and I think I'd really like it. Thanks for the recipe... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a winner to me. Pork tenderloin and apricot brandy. What's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't make pork tenderloin very often for the very reasons you list. This recipe sounds good Pam, love the Dijon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chris is not a huge fan of pork tenderloin, so I don't get to cook it very often... but this looks and sounds so delicious, he just might have to find something else to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pork tenderloins are one of my favorite pork cuts and this brandy sauce would rock with it.

    ReplyDelete

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

The smells of slow cooking spread around the house and impart a unique warmth matched only by the flavour of the food.
~ Yotam Ottolenghi

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’





Christmas cookies and happy hearts ~

that is the way

the holiday starts!




DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❤ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❤

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❀ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❀
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews