Roasted Tilapia Nestled in Veggies Lemons and Olives



Either this is the best recipe for tilapia, or we were really hungry last night! 




This is not your traditional meat and potatoes; it’s a lighter take on it, replacing beef with tilapia for a leaner protein.  It’s still a hearty entrée ~ just a healthier version. 

The recipe is adapted from Real Simple.  I used dried thyme instead of fresh, and I doubt that made much difference.  I substituted black olives for kalamatas, and added bright red Campari tomatoes for extra flavor and eye-catching color.  Asparagus would work well also!

As a side note ~~~ Campari tomatoes are the only fresh tomatoes I use here during the Midwest winter and early spring.  It reads on the package, “the tomato Lover’s tomato.” That’s true!  They’re small, between a roma and cherry tomato, and the closest thing to a fresh out-of-the-garden tomato.  They have a deliciously sweet, juicy, low-acidic taste; you’re in for a treat, if you haven’t tried them!


Beefsteak versus Campari

Roast the potatoes and lemon slices first, since the potatoes take longer to cook than the fish.  After about 20 minutes, add the tilapia to the baking pan, along with the tomatoes and olives.  Continue baking for 15 minutes, and your family will enjoy a delicious meal.  Actually, I wouldn’t hesitate serving this to guests. 

The savory flavors of this dish blend well, and your oven will do most of the work.  What could be better, my friends?







Roasted Tilapia Nestled in Veggies Lemons and Olives
Adapted
Ingredients:

1 pound baby potatoes, about 12, halved
1 lemon, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Seasoned pepper
½ cup jumbo whole pitted black olives
8 Campari tomatoes, havled
4 (6-ounce) skinless tilapia fillets
½ teaspoon Hungarian paprika

Method:

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, lemon, thyme and oil and half of the salt and pepper.
Arrange in a single layer.
Roast, tossing once, until the potatoes begin to soften, about 20 minutes.
Gently toss the olives and tomatoes with the potato mixture.
Nestle the fish in the mix.
Sprinkle all with the paprika and remainder of the salt and pepper.
Continue to roast until the potatoes are golden and crisp and the fish is opaque throughout, 12-15 minutes.


This is absolutely a keeper ~ a fine “fish” dish!!!



Be sure to visit my friend, Linda’s blog, @My Kind of Cooking for great tips and delicious easy recipes! 







Comments

  1. Pam, This is a great looking meal! The combination of the Tilapia with the potatos and other veggies sounds very satisfying. Thanks for the lead on the Campari tomatoes! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super good looking meal Pam and a nice change from our normal version. I'm heading to the kitchen to see if we have what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend, and "birthday buddy", did a very similar recipe for our birthday celebration in January. It was delicious!! We use the same tomatoes in winter. Sometimes I roast them still on the vine. Oh my! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of "real" tomatoes in the farmers' market but that will be awhile.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole dish looks so inviting and tasty with the flavour and colour combos..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will try this tomorrow night as I am going to the fishmonger en rout to my French lessons. I will never find tilapia there but will see what else I can use for this recipe. Thanks Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking dish. I am only planting Celebrity variety tomato this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great colors in this dish. So hard to find good tomatoes this time of the year. It amazes me when the store advertises Hot house tomatoes, yet they sure aren't the kind of hot house tomatoes that my grandpa used to grow. Most of them or so mushy. Glad to know about Campari tomotes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow everything about this dish looks delicious!! The colors get me ready for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow everything about this dish looks delicious!! The colors get me ready for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may have been really hungry but this does sound really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great, Pam! Love the idea of a fish and potatoes meal :) And of course, using tilapia is right up my alley. Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I wish I am at your dinner table! Your tilapia looks so delicious! I have not seen Campari tomatoes over here before!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Tilapia Pam and this plate look delicious with thes epotatos, I bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, I love seafood and this dish looks like a winner to me! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great changes to the original recipe! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! but this dish sure looks divine! I am sure my family would love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm here because I saw mention of your blog on Larry's blog. I have exactly two recipes for tilapia and must give this one a try. Love the olives/lemon/potatoes combo here. Plus, there's been a bag of these tiny potatoes that have been taunting me at Whole Foods. I'll run up and grab them this morning. I'm a new subscriber.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate.
- Paul Lynde
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Printfriendly



I want to enjoy my life, and food is a big part of it.

~ Gwyneth Paltrow





Popular posts from this blog

Tender and Delicious Italian-Style Baked Chicken Breasts

Succulent Slow-cooker Pork Loin in Gravy

Bubba’s Winning Homemade Summer Sausage

The Best Lemon Pound Cake ~ I’m Telling You the Truth!

ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɴ ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ

Dinner Party

Dinner Party
Jules-Alexandre Grun

Since 2009