Atlantic cod has been a popular fish for over one-thousand years and is caught in the northwest Atlantic from Greenland to North Carolina.
Cod is a low-calorie protein that is filled with healthy omega-3 oil which has a variety of health benefits, from lowering triglyceride levels, to aiding rheumatoid arthritis, depression and baby development.
Grilling is a simple way to prepare cod, and it brings out the delicate flavor of the fish. Pep it up with spicy seasonings, butter, green onions, lemon juice, and salt and pepper for a tasty meal.
We were truly surprised with how delicious the cod tasted!
Try it, I’m hoping you’ll like it also!
Yield: 2-4 servings
Grilled Onion-Buttered Cod
Grilling brings out the delicate flavor of the fish, spice it up!
INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cod fillets, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Chef Prudhomme’s Magic Salt Free Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons green onion, sliced thin
INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Season both sides of fish with Chef Pruhomme’s Seasoning, lemon pepper, salt and seasoned pepper. Set fish aside on a plate.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir in lemon juice and green onion, cook until onion is softened, about 2-4 minutes.
- Place cod onto oiled grates and grill until fish is golden brown and flakes easily, about 5-7 minutes per side, depending upon thickness; baste with butter mixture frequently while grilling.
- Serve
Created using The Recipes Generator
Can you pass that plate over, please? The cod looks so succulent and good!
ReplyDeleteHi Angie! Wish I could! :-) It was really good!
DeleteHi Pam !
ReplyDeleteI have to say dear you make the best fishes. I love this look amazing xoxo
Thanks, Gloria! We like fish, especially grilled. Take care xoxo
DeleteYour cod looks delicious Pam and I'm always looking for fish recipes.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Larry! Glad you like it!
DeletePam... We love cod and your preparation looks terrific! Thanks for the recipe... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, Dave! Have a great week!
DeleteDear Pam, Cod is one of my all time favorite fishes to enjoy. My dad used to love to go cod fishing. He used to look forward to that and get so excited preparing his fishing gear. Those of such fond memories from when I was a girl. Anyway your fish looks delish! Have a beautiful week my dear. xo Catherine
ReplyDeleteThanks, Catherine! That's a great memory of your dad for you! I bet the fish was delicious back then. Sadly, no cod fishing around here. Hope you have a marvelous week! Take care. xo
DeleteFish and grilling go hand in hand. Both are healthy and highly recommended. Cod is a delicate fish that can be treated well by most cooking methods. Your cod grilling recipe is so simple and tasteful that one needs to look no further.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Duta! Cod is delicate and great grilled or fried, esp. at fish fries! Take care
DeleteSounds delicious but yet another American ingredient that would never appear here Magic Salt Free Seasoning!! Can try with my own seasoning though I guess. Have a good week Diane
ReplyDeleteThanks, Diane! Yes, any seasoning, whatever you like would work. And the spicier, the better. :-) Have a fun week!
DeleteI can never get enough of eating fish. This cod looks wonderful. I will have to put it on my list of things to make.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dawn! We really like fish too!
DeleteThis looks like a lovely recipe for cod. I also read that book! Zoe left it here after she had to read it for a college course. Quite fascinating that it shows we were destroying the oceans way back when. I'm so glad Mr. Cod survived!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Abbe! Glad you liked the book also, it was definitely fascinating! Have a great week!
DeleteThis is a beautiful way to prepare cod! I love this fish but haven't tried it cooked with this method. I'll see if I can get that book on my Kindle - sounds like a worthwhile read :) Have a lovely week!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tricia! Yes, it's kind of funny that a book about cod is so interesting! You have a lovely week also! Take care
DeleteI bet this grilled fish was fantastic. I rarely cook fish and I forget about grilling it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debra! I esp like fish cooked on the grill, no fish odor in the kitchen. :-)
DeleteThis looks really good, Pam! We enjoy fish and need to eat it more often.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy! I like fish much more now than I did years ago and make it a couple of times a week.
DeleteYour cod looks like perfection! We love cod at our house because it isn't a very 'fishy' fish. Mild flavor fish is our favorite.
ReplyDeleteHi Cali! Thanks! You're right, cod has a mild flavor and most people like it for that reason. Have a great rest of the week!
DeleteCod is a buttery white fish and with your spices butter and onion it sounds divine.
ReplyDeleteVelva
tThanks, Velva! Loved the butter on this fish, simple and good. Take care
DeleteI'm slowly getting Bill to enjoy different varieties of seafood. This would be a terrific recipe for him---as cod is so mild I think he'd like it!
ReplyDeleteHi Liz! Yes, it's a great recipe to win him over on fish. Mild and tasty! Thanks for the visit!
DeleteCod is one of my favorites and I love how you prepared it here Pam, looks delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cheri! I'm glad you like it! Have a fun day!
DeleteWow, that looks good! Perfectly cooked. Love cod -- such a nice, clean flavor. Good stuff -- thanks.
ReplyDeleteThanks, John! Yes, it was perfectly cooked! :-) All kidding aside, it was really delicious and I will be making it again while we're in grilling season. Take care
DeleteWe love cod, especially when we can get wild Alaskan cod. This sounds like a delightful recipe for summer and would love to try it!
DeleteThanks, Susan! Yes, I agree with the wild Alaskan cod! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI read this post just a little late to use your recipe for cooking Cod. Sam and I had cod for dinner this evening. I cooked it very similar to the way you cooked yours. We always enjoy eating cod in the summer....
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shug! Glad you like the fish also, and I bet yours was delicious! Have a great day!
DeleteI always enjoy eating cod when I am in Germany but here on the Pacific I eat rockfish which is a variation of cod . I like your recipe and have to try it.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gerlinde! i've heard of rockfish but have never eaten it. Hope you try this and like it!
Delete