Berry Fresh Cherry Salsa for Your Grilled Meat



 Woo hoo!
 
It's cherry picking season 
here in the 
Upper Midwest!
 


 Vintage linen postcard by Curt Teich Co of Chicago



I like to put cherries in any dish, any time I can ~ this great salsa is one example!
 
It’s a fresh and fruity salsa, it’s kicking’ jalapeño, it’s delicious!






I’m a huge fan of cherries ~ there’s even a cherry or two in my header here but, now I’m talking about eating them more ways than fresh off the stem, as in pies and jam, chocolate-covered, trail mix, wine, or mustard.

The juicy ruby-red  gems are perfect for a fresh fruity salsa.  You need to try it if you haven’t experienced it.

Cherry salsa is a spicy sweet condiment that’s perfect along side grilled chicken, pork, salmon, or your favorite white fish.  

Control the heat by removing all of the ribs and seeds from the jalapeño for a milder salsa.  Chop the ingredients as coarse or fine as you like, I like it chunky myself.  Swap cilantro for basil, if that’s your taste.





Mmmm!  Now for some salty tortilla chips for dipping!







Cherry Salsa w/Basil and Balsamic Vinegar
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and chopped
1 jalapeño, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste

Method:

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Makes about 1½ cups




Enjoy!





27 comments:

  1. I have a bowl full of sweet cherries that are begging me to turn them into something delicious! This salsa is it! Thank you for sharing, Pam! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like it and have a bowl full! Hugs

      Delete
  2. Good morning Pam... I've never heard of this salsa before, but I sure do enjoy trying new recipes. I have a pork roast cooking right now and this salsa would be great to serve with it. Have a great Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be great with your roast, Shug! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. I'm mad about cherries. You're right to call them "ruby-red gems".
    Your cherry salsa seems unbeatable. It goes well with a lot of dishes. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are gems for sure, Duta! Salsa's a good little extra side dish! Take care

      Delete
  4. Pam, We both love sweet cherries! I've never had salsa made with them as an ingredient but it sounds good... My wife likes sweet/spicy with her meat dishes. I'd probably like this with a nice piece of grilled salmon. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David! It is great with salmon and I hope you guys give it a try. Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  5. Yum! Cherries now are so sweet and juicy. Your salsa looks great paired with that grilled chicken breast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! It is really good, I love the taste of it. Take care

      Delete
  6. Dear Pam,
    Cherries! Who doesn't love them? Beautiful and delicious your cherry salsa is. Very colorful! I love cherries too and I will try this recipe. Seems like a good side with chicken or pork.. Seems here on Long Island, they are a bumper crop this year. So thick, juicy and also very tasty. Good job Pam!!! You always have something so yummy!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie! Since you love cherries also this would be a great side dish on your table. There's a bumper crop here this year also, love it!

      Delete
  7. LOVE fruit salsas! And cherry might be the best. So happy to see all the cherries in the store right now -- I've been gorging myself. :-) Anyway, good recipe -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, John! Cherries are the best and I'm thinking about a cherry pie now. :-) Take care

      Delete
  8. That looks refreshing, Pam. Happy Cherry Eating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love cherries and this look wonderful Pam!
    aahh can't wait for summer to eat cherries !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, Gloria! And I bet you can't wait for summer! Take care

      Delete
  10. I have never heard of this...looks amazing Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I must try your cherry salsa soon…it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Pam, I have never heard or seen cherry salsa...looks fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. if any of the cherries i buy could escape going directly into my mouth, i'd love to make something like this--what a beautiful and delicious salsa!

    ReplyDelete

***************************************************************************
Eat, Drink and Be Thankful!
***************************************************************************
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam
***************************************************************************




“He shoveled the bacon out on a plate and broke the eggs in the hot grease, and they jumped and fluttered their edges to brown lace and make clucking sounds.”

~ John Steinbeck, East of Eden



DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews