Sautéed Asparagus w/Mushrooms and Bacon


We bought a couple of bunches of great fresh asparagus at the farmer’s market yesterday, and then I looked around for a new way to prepare; this is how it went:


We loved this dish!  It’s excellent!




The recipe is a slightly adapted Martha Stewart recipe:  After cooking the bacon, I drained all but a teaspoon of the drippings in the skillet, added the asparagus and mushrooms, and then a little water to make sure the asparagus cooked evenly.

Asparagus has a unique taste and does a great job of working with other flavors, such as the Dijon mustard and bacon here.  




This recipe succeeded from start to finish, producing a stir-fry asparagus that was absolutely perfectly cooked, surprising us with an excellent side.

If you’re crazy about asparagus, give this a try!  It’s truly mouthwatering delicious!


Sautéed Asparagus w/Mushrooms and Bacon
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 bunches (2 pounds) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 jar (6-ounces) sliced mushrooms*
Coarse salt and seasoned pepper
¼ cup water
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried parsley or 3 tablespoon fresh, chopped

Method:


In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned.
Transfer to paper towel to drain, remove all but a teaspoon of bacon grease.
Add asparagus, mushrooms and water to skillet and season with salt and pepper.
Cook until asparagus is tender, about 10  minutes. Do not overcook.
Remove from heat and stir in bacon, mustard and parsley.
Serve

*If using fresh mushrooms, add ¼ cup water only if needed.




ENJOY!





37 comments:

  1. That's a GREAT stirfry! It has EVERYTHING I love...fantastic, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous side dish! Much as I love roasted asparagus, it gets old before summer's over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! We like roasted asparagus also but like it this way much better. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh yummy, Pam. This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam, this asparagus dish really looks delicious...I like the idea of using Dijon mustard.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juliana! I would've never thought of the Dijon, but it's a perfect match! Take care

      Delete
  5. Hi Pam,
    I am crazy for asparagus! So I will definitely give this one a try. I love all of the ingredients and the flavor must be awesome. You have hit it on the head, this is easy and yummy all at the same time! Thanks for sharing this one...Have a great rest of the week dear friend.
    Hugs Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dottie! It's easy and good! Glad you like it. Have a great day. Hugs

      Delete
  6. Pam, My better half would love this dish! Mushrooms, bacon and asparagus are favorites... For me, we'd have to leave out or pick out the mushrooms. She'll add this to her repertoire for a side dish when we have company I'm sure! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Dave! It would be good without the mushrooms also, actually they aren't in the original recipe. Take care

      Delete
  7. I love everything about this dish Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good way to fix asparagus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bacon? With asparagus and mushrooms? Yes, please. Great looking dish! I haven't made asparagus this way, but you can bet I will. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John! Yes, I never thought of combining asparagus with bacon, but it's a perfect match. Hope you like it as much as we do!

      Delete
  10. Hi Pam, we usually stir fry the asparagus with oyster sauce yet to try with bacon and mushroom. Your this recipe look interesting and very inviting. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Have a nice day, regards.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amelia! I bet the asparagus is great with oyster sauce. That sounds interesting to me! Take care

      Delete
  11. Hi Pam, we love asparagus and this dish looks like the perfect way to showcase it, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheri! It's a little different for asparagus and really tasty!

      Delete
  12. This looks marvelous, Pam! I need to pick up some mushrooms and I'm ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asparagus and mushrooms! Oh my! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abbe! Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  14. I've been groovin' on asparagus all week. So yum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love asparagus too! What a delightful combination and preparation, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I will be making this again soon.

      Delete
  16. What's not to LOVE about this recipe Pam!!! Everything is better with Bacon, as they say, lol...add those gorgeous asparagus and mushrooms and I'm diving in!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing, Pam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Louise! You got it, everything is better with bacon and this asparagus definitely is. Take care

      Delete
  17. What a delicious dish! We love asparagus and cooking it with bacon, sounds so good! I'm sure if this is served in my house, there would be no leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce! There weren't any leftovers here so next time I will make more, to enjoy for lunch the next day!

      Delete
  18. Pam, your asparagus sounds delicious. I roast, grill and sauté asparagus but mine are boring compared to your dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thanks! I usually roast or sauté also, but no more. :-)

      Delete

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- Dan Piraro

***************************************************************************
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam

POPULAR POSTS ON THIS BLOG


“Mámá was fond of saying that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels—an aphorism I was pretty sure she'd cribbed from the thinspiration sites she subscribed to online—but I believed that anyone who said such things had never tasted chili-cheese fries with melted cheddar, fresh ground beef, and Tapatio sauce.”

~ Nenia Campbell


DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews