all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Easy Smoked Turkey Sausage Skillet

 

 

Here’s a tasty quick little dish 
for your busy day!




This is a slightly adapted Hillshire Farm’s recipeUsing smoked turkey sausage, cuts fat and calories; substitute the regular if that’s what you prefer. 

Stir-fry the meat in a little chicken broth and water, then added a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes.

Bill suggested it would do well with the sausage mixture served over a bed of rice, instead of combining it all in the skillet ~ I’ll do that the next time!  Most likely, the appeal of it would improve also.

My brain was on vacation when I served it though; I noticed the mozzarella sitting in the refrigerator after dinner.  It would've been great to have the cheese scattered over it…


Smoked Turkey Sausage Skillet
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

1 package smoked turkey sausage, sliced thin diagonally
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, large chop
1 white onion, chopped
1 package frozen broccoli, thawed
1 can (14.5) ounces, diced fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups instant rice
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella

Method:

In a non-stick skillet, place sausage slices and cook until browned, transfer to a plate.
Heat oil in skillet.
Add pepper, onion, broccoli, and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
In the meantime, prepare rice according to package instructions.
Stir sausage and rice into the skillet, combine well.
Sprinkle with cheese!
Serve



ENJOY!





33 comments:

  1. I like recipes that look this delicious and start with the word ... easy.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda! Thanks for stopping by. Take care

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam,
    Another winner in my book...love this and it is so easy..a great meal for busy days ahead. Looks amazing and so yummy...Love the fact that you are using turkey sausage. Good job, get some rest...Have a wonderful rest of the week dear friend!
    Hugs Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dottie! Hope all is well your way. Take care. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Look wonderful dear Pam !! I love turkey !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good.
    It is so nice to hear that other
    people leave things in the fridge.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Melinda! I've done that more than once for sure. :-)

      Delete
  5. Pam, This is my kind of comfort food...turkey sausage or not! I agree with Bill...serving over the rice would be the way I'd want it. I'd skip the bell pepper as they just don't agree with me. The fire roasted tomatoes are the key along with all that good garlic! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave! Yep, good garlic and fire roasted tomatoes! Over rice too. :-)

      Delete
  6. Lovely dinner! Nice for the colder weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it is still a little chilly here and we're wondering when it will ever warm up. Take care

      Delete
  7. Wow, this looks so good. Tons of flavor, and easy! Perfect for a weeknight dinner. Good stuff -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John! Easy good and filling! Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I used to buy that smoked turkey sausage often when my girls lived at home but haven't for such a long time. What a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Yes it's one of those things we seldom have, but really enjoyed this.

      Delete
  9. Dear Pam, It looks like a delicious meal. I know what you mean I always seem to think of things after everything is cleaned up! Have a beautiful weekend. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine! Thanks and you have a great weekend also. xo

      Delete
  10. I need more quick and yummy recipes to add to my dinner repertoire. This looks like it fits the bill! Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks hearty and very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Angie! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  12. I think it looks good just the way it is. While it might have made for a prettier photo if the rice wasn't mixed in, I like a one pan or skillet meal…no big mess to clean up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! My exact sentiments!

      Delete
  13. Even though right now, no sausage for me, I still love these kinds of meals. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My hubby would love this one..he's a big sausage fan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My hubby would love this one..he's a big sausage fan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As we start working in the yard and gardens this summer, I am always on the look out for easy one dish meals. My mouth is watering, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love turkey sausage but if we want it here I have to make my own! I am not a fan of French sausages I have to say but they are OK. I love one meal dishes though. Hope you are both well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love turkey sausage but if we want it here I have to make my own! I am not a fan of French sausages I have to say but they are OK. I love one meal dishes though. Hope you are both well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not very fond of sausages but I like turkey one more than the others! This is a wholesome and delicious meal Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh this looks sooooo good Pam! I adore turkey sausage and cabbage...I LOVE the idea of using the fire roasted tomatoes ~ YUM! I will have to try that the next time I make this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never used the large turkey sausages. We do like the turkey breakfast links, though. I need to try these, thanks!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam