Shrimp Pasta w/Tomato and Basil


This is a great quick little pasta dish that’s ridiculously delicious!




It’s a delicate dish in a light slightly spicy sauce that’s not loaded in calories.  






I can’t say much more about it ~ it’s simple and flavorful, doesn’t require much effort, nor time and best of all, your family will love you for it when you cook it!


Shrimp Pasta w/Tomato and Basil
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

8 ounces spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste1 (16-ounce) can Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup basil leaves, chiffonade
Shredded Parmesan for garnish, optional

Method:

Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
Place oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and garlic to skillet.
Cook shrimp about 1 minute on each side until they just begin to turn translucent.
Transfer to plate and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add canned tomatoes, cook for 1 minute.
Add red pepper, sugar and season with salt and pepper.
Stir in cherry tomatoes and basil, cook for 1 minute.
Return shrimp to pan and combine well.
Add cooked spaghetti, tossing well.
Cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve, garnished with Parmesan.



Enjoy!





Comments

  1. How pretty. I'm always in the mood for shrimp, tomatoes and basil.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I like shrimp also.

      Delete
  2. I am always in the mood for shrimp too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my all time favorite dishes......Shrimp and the mixture of tomatoes and good ol' basil.....this is a dish that makes me smile.. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shug! You have a great day!

      Delete
  4. I would really enjoy this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Ivy! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Hi Pam,
    Superb dish! This recipe is so easy and I love that you used the cherry tomatoes with the shrimp. Looks so mouthwatering and the flavors must really all come together! Thanks for sharing this one..I have to try this. Enjoy your Weekend!
    Hugs dear friend, Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dottie! It's easy and good so a winner for us. Enjoy your weekend too! Hugs

      Delete
  7. wow the shrimp are really succulent! A fantastic pasta meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, This is my kind of Italian pasta entree! Basically its a nice simple home version of my favorite Italian restaurant fare, Shrimp Fra Diavlo... Thanks for the recipe! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good! I make shrimp pasta often as it's a favorite here but usually with a white wine and garlic sauce. I'd love to try your recipe when my cherry tomatoes are plentiful this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm don't like the texture of shrimp, but if it was served with pasta and such an amazing sauce, i probably wouldn't even notice it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful beautiful pasta dish Pam, and I love it when it is quick and easy...
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love making sauce with cherry tomatoes…they are so sweet. I would certainly enjoy a dish of your pasta, I know it was delicious. By the way, a belated happy anniversary to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate.
- Paul Lynde
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Printfriendly



I want to enjoy my life, and food is a big part of it.

~ Gwyneth Paltrow





Popular posts from this blog

Tender and Delicious Italian-Style Baked Chicken Breasts

Succulent Slow-cooker Pork Loin in Gravy

Bubba’s Winning Homemade Summer Sausage

The Best Lemon Pound Cake ~ I’m Telling You the Truth!

Dinner Party

Dinner Party
Jules-Alexandre Grun

Since 2009