all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Monday, October 26, 2015

Great Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Pork Loin



 Scrumdiddilyumpshus!



That’s what this incredibly delicious roasted pork was!

Mom, and Grandma, always roasted pork in a covered pan, maybe with a little liquid added to the bottom of the pan ~ so did I, until now…

Begin with a fully pre-heated oven before placing the pork into the oven, to give the meat a nicely browned crisp exterior.

Rub the meat with an herb mixture, then transfer it onto a rack in a shallow uncovered pan; adding no liquid to the pan, and pop it into the oven for roasting. 


Ummm mmm!  The drippings from the roasted meat are packed with delicious flavor, perfect for making gravy for mashed potatoes.


This was undoubtedly some of the best pork we’ve ever had ~ great seasonings with a great crust, producing tender moist roasted pork!


Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Pork Loin
Printable recipe
 
Ingredients:

4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
2 pounds boneless pork loin roast

Method:

Preheat oven to 350°.
Using a mortar and pestle, crush garlic, rosemary, salt  and pepper, making a paste.
With a sharp knife, pierce meat in several spots and press the garlic paste into the openings.
Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture.
Transfer the pork to a rack in a roasting pan.  
Roast, uncovered, for about 1 hour 15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145° to 160°, or until desired degree of doneness.
Let roast 10 minutes on cutting board before carving.
Serve



ENJOY! 



29 comments:

  1. Hi Pam , pork loins was on sale today at the market , grabbed two , this delicious dish popped up ... dinner tomorrow with candied yams , thanks , have a great week . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nee! Oh, sounds like a winner to me with the candied yams! A perfect side! Take care

      Delete
  2. Pam, Thanks for the great looking pork roast! This is the way we cook them too but its been quite awhile since we've had one. After the news on processed meat today, this beauty cheered me up! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David! Yes, I heard that this morning on our way to Lake Geneva for the day, bet maybe you've been there too. :-) It has been a while since we've had a roast like this and it was really really delicious! Take care

      Delete
  3. I just bought a pork roast today--and my go-to seasonings are always rosemary and garlic! My mom taught me to insert slivers of garlic into the roast, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Oh, I like that with the garlic and will try it. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is Ivy! Have a great day!

      Delete
    2. You too, Pam. And again, much congrats on the 6 years.

      Delete
  5. What a perfectly cooked pork Pam! I love that rubbing on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katerina! The rub made a delicious difference!

      Delete
  6. Pork--our favorite meat. After Sunday dinner, I'll bet this would be perfect on fresh-baked biscuits!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, you're right on spot! It would be great then! Take care

      Delete
  7. Looks delicious Pam - rosemary and garlic are hard to beat on a loin roast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! It's hard to beat good roasted pork!

      Delete
  8. Hi Pam,
    Sorry I did not write sooner, got caught up with things...But I wouldn't miss the post for nothing! Outstanding recipe and a very flavorful roast pork! This dish looks so amazing, I want a piece but I bet there is nothing left. I like the idea of the spices with this rub..It really does make a difference. My mom would just put it in the pan and add a little water and that was it, but I love spices...Great job...Thanks for sharing!
    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly roasted pork! Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum, Pam! This reminds me of the Roasted Pork Loins that my mom served for Sunday dinner while growing up. Looks so good!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. We both did pork roasts this week and we were both stars at the table for sure. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Watching THE game and wishing I had a sandwich from this !

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love roast pork! So flavorful. Yours looks just excellent -- perfectly done.This is one of those dishes where you really want to use your thermometer so you don't overcook it. I'm an insta-read thermometer fan, too. Good stuff -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photo says it all, Pam! I looks so moist and delicious and something that I'm going to try here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks wonderful! Nice photos.

    mae from maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pam.. I've always covered my pork roast because I thought it made it more tender. I must say, the way you cooked this one sure makes the roast look quite tasty. I like the way it has a crust on it.. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. a truly appropriate descriptor! i don't think i've ever seen a finer hunk of pork!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great roast and a perfect Sunday supper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great roast and a perfect Sunday supper!

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam