Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes



I love potatoes, any variety, don’t you?



They’re filled with minerals and vitamins, and are the ultimate comfort food for me. That is, unless they involve soup, no potatoes in any kind of soup for me!

Bill and I are satisfied with boiled potatoes or baked potatoes, with a dab of butter, and salt and pepper, but when it’s time to splurge, this is one of my go to potato recipes:  twice-baked potatoes packed with sour cream, Parmesan cheese, onion, horseradish, cheddar cheese, a little butter, salt and pepper, and bacon, topped with chopped chives. 

Potatoes

Plus, these potatoes can be prepared ahead of time, and refrigerated until time to reheat for your serving. They’re great to make ahead and freeze for when unexpected company drops in also. 

Truthfully, I could make a meal of just these delicious spuds, a perfect little meal of comfort food!

Stuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

4 large russet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
¼ cup onion, minced
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
8 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 tablespoon milk, or more
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
Fresh chopped chives and paprika, for garnish

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Scrub and pierce potatoes, bake for 1 hour, or until fully cooked.
Remove potatoes from oven and let cool slightly.
Cut potatoes in half and scoop out potato, place in a large bowl, being careful, so as not to tear the skins.
Add butter, salt and pepper to potatoes, mash until smooth.
Add sour cream and mash again.
Add horseradish, onion, Parmesan and bacon, stirring well.
Stir in 1 tablespoon milk.  It you like it creamier, add more milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Fill empty skins with potato mixture.
Divide cheddar cheese every among potatoes.
Garnish with a sprinkling of chives and paprika.
Return to oven and reheat until hot. Or refrigerate them to reheat later before mealtime.

ENJOY!

 

36 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! Just perfect! I think I'll make some of these very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    When I saw your photo of these potatoes I knew this one was a show stopper. I love potatoes made this way...It is so rich and full of flavor. The cheese and all of your goodies mixed in makes this a definite must make for anytime...Thanks for sharing..Yummy! Have a great week, Pam..
    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie! Thanks! I love all the goodies mixed in also, and anytime is good! You have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Pam, These twice baked potatoes would be a real treat for us. Our favorite potato at home would be my wife's spice and sea salt rubbed baked potatoes with a bit more than a dab of butter...plus sour cream for her and sharp cheddar cheese plus bacon for both of us. (Then I put Tabasco on mine!) Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Dave! Yours sound great! I never thought about the Tabasco, so will try that. Have a great rest of the week! Take care

      Delete
  4. I love potatoes Pam and these look delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria! I love potatoes also! Take care

      Delete
  5. Well, you had me at POTATO!!!
    I love them in soup--oh yea.

    These sound good and easy.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Potato works for me every time too, except the soup. :-) Thanks for dropping by Melinda!

      Delete
  6. I love baked potatoes! Easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Medeja! Easy is always good. Have a great rest of the week and thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  7. I adore your potatoes Pam. I often do make a whole meal out of stuffed baked potatoes.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! Yes, that would be a meal to make me happy. Take care

      Delete
  8. I most definitely love potatoes, Pam, and these look and sound scrumptious! Thank you so much for sharing, and your header is beautiful. I have a two year old cat named Romeo who looks very much like the cat in your header. He is black and white, has beautiful green eyes and a kind of (what I call) "white diamond shape" on his forehead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! Oh, I bet Romeo is a cutie, has to be with that name! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

      Delete
  9. This is one of my all time favorite potato dishes but we never eat it except on special occasions. Looks like you have a very good recipe for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! They were great and yes, same here, only on special occasions. Have a great day!

      Delete
  10. This must be potato day. Yours is the second potato recipe I've seen that I want. I adore potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it, Abbe! Potatoes are way up on the food chain for me. Take care

      Delete
  11. Hi Pam.....in my opinion, you just can't beat a good potato like this one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shug! Lots of potato love here!

      Delete
  12. I do love potatoes in all way, shapes and forms. These are loaded with flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bill gets SO excited when I make twice baked potatoes! I don't usually add bacon, but love that idea. Will have to tweak my recipe with some of your ideas. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! It must be a "Bill" thing! :-) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  14. I love potatoes too, just about any way, even in soup! Stuffed potatoes is indeed an indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Potatoes are my favorite Pam, love how you loaded these up, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great combo Pam! looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great combo Pam! looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your potatoes remind me that I need to make twice baked potatoes MORE OFTEN. You're right, they are so much better and I love how you make yours Pam! I'm also loving little Luxie's center stage photo at the top of your blog. She is just gorgeous! How is she coming along in her new home with you?

    ReplyDelete

***************************************************************************
Eat, Drink and Be Thankful!
***************************************************************************
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam
***************************************************************************




“He shoveled the bacon out on a plate and broke the eggs in the hot grease, and they jumped and fluttered their edges to brown lace and make clucking sounds.”

~ John Steinbeck, East of Eden



DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews