Salmon is nearly impossible to screw up, it’s very forgiving! Its oily pinkish-orange flesh and skin keeps it moist, making it a versatile fish, whatever the cooking method.
It was time for a change-up, time to come up with something different, and this totally blew me away on the first bite. It was truly delicious!
Could be because I like shredded meat and barbecue sauce in a sandwich, think pulled pork/shredded chicken ~ so now shredded salmon is added to my list of favorites.
Bill cooked a slab of salmon on the grill and basted it with this spicy BBQ sauce of butter, brown sugar, celery seeds, soy sauce and ginger. I shredded the salmon, placed it on a croissant with a small helping of coleslaw placed on top. Perfect, easy and very delicious, delectable!
I’m wondering why I didn’t think of doing this many moons ago…
Shredded BBQ Salmon
Printable recipe
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 pound slab of salmon
Croissant or bun/bread of your choice
Coleslaw, optional
Method:
In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
Cook for a couple of minutes and stir, until sugar is dissolved.
Place salmon on grill over medium heat.
Cook for about 8 minutes per side, until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting with the sauce occasionally.
While, salmon is cooking, prepare slaw with a spoonful of slaw dressing (I use Marzetti.)
Let salmon cool for a minute, then shred with 2 forks.
Split croissant or roll, fill with scoops of shredded salmon, top with slaw, and serve.
ENJOY!
Everything is better on a croissant..non?:)
ReplyDeleteRight on, Monique!
DeleteWay to go Bill. What a nice change from our ordinary salmon meals.
ReplyDeleteSam
Sam, he says thanks! It's really good! Take care
Deletei am NOT a salmon lover, though i've never had it like this or even seen this done before. i think it's a great idea and has a very good chance of getting me to consume and ENJOY fish!
ReplyDeleteGrace, it's really good and maybe with the sauce it would work for you!
DeletePam, I was worried when I saw BBQ Salmon as I was thinking traditional BBQ sauces. Then I saw the sauce you used and all was right with the world. Great idea and a nice change of pace while eating healthy too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteYep, Dave! This sauce is a little left of traditional BBQ. It's delicious! Thanks for the visit and take care.
DeleteGood afternoon Pam,
ReplyDeleteI love this idea...when I think of salmon, I always think of cooking it on a grill or the oven. Never would have thought like you to put it shredded on a beautiful soft croissant!
I love the flavors mixed together and with that slaw on top, I am hungry just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing your idea..must try this one next time I make salmon. Have a wonderful day and a fabulous weekend ahead...
Dottie :)
Hi Dottie! Same here until I started thinking about shredded pork, etc. Hope you're doing well and have a great weekend!
DeleteI eat salmon for my lunches about half the time---and you've just given me a new way to shake it up! What a marvelous idea!!!
ReplyDeleteShake it up, Liz! It's good! Thanks!
DeleteWe have grilled salmon at least once every week of two and just had it last night. There is a nice chunk left over so I'm thinking of getting some croissants and trying this! It sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteSusan, I hope you do and like it as much as I do. Thanks, and have a good weekend!
DeleteI adore salmon and it's my top favourite fish. That croissant sandwich looks droolworthy, Pam.
ReplyDeleteIt is Angie! :-) Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteI love salmon...what a great idea!
ReplyDeletelaurie, I love it too! Thanks and have a great weekend!
DeleteOh I LOVE this idea. I often broil my fish in the toasted oven and shred it for a recipe. Never thought of doing it with BBQ sauce for a sandwich. Must try it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, CEE! Hope you try it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Cooking!
ReplyDeleteIf I were at a restaurant I would order this. This sounds delicious and the croissant is a perfect pairing.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Madonna! Glad you like it!
Deletehow cool never knew you could make salmon bbq
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rebecca! It's a delicious thing! Have a good weekend!
DeleteHi Pam, what a great idea!!!! I love salmon. Always looking for new ways to prepare it.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cheri! I am too. :-)
DeleteYum! Yum!
ReplyDeleteGreat new idea.
M : )
QThanks, Melinda! It's great, if you like BBQ and salmon!
DeleteWhat a fab looking way to serve salmon - this would be marvellous in summer.
ReplyDeleteThanks, it is Gaye! Have a good day!
DeleteShredded salmon - what a great idea! And everything is better on a croissant.
ReplyDeleteDear Pam, Salmon is one of my favorite fishes. This does sound wonderful. I often say to myself too, "why didn't I think of this sooner!!" Well, better late than never!
ReplyDeletexoxo Catherine