Shredded BBQ Salmon on a Croissant


Salmon is nearly impossible to screw up, it’s very forgiving!  Its oily pinkish-orange flesh and skin keeps it moist, making it a versatile fish, whatever the cooking method.

BBQ salmon croissant
It was time for a change-up, time to come up with something different, and this totally blew me away on the first bite.  It was truly delicious!

Could be because I like shredded meat and barbecue sauce in a sandwich, think pulled pork/shredded chicken ~ so now shredded salmon is added to my list of favorites.

Sauce
Shredding salmon
Bill cooked a slab of salmon on the grill and basted it with this spicy BBQ sauce of butter, brown sugar, celery seeds, soy sauce and ginger. I shredded the salmon, placed it on a croissant with a small helping of coleslaw placed on top.  Perfect, easy and very delicious, delectable!

I’m wondering why I didn’t think of doing this many moons ago…

Shredded BBQ Salmon 
Printable recipe

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 pound slab of salmon
Croissant or bun/bread of your choice
Coleslaw, optional

Method:

In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients.
Cook for a couple of minutes and stir, until sugar is dissolved.
Place salmon on grill over medium heat.
Cook for about 8 minutes per side, until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting with the sauce occasionally.
While, salmon is cooking, prepare slaw with a spoonful of slaw dressing (I use Marzetti.)
Let salmon cool for a minute, then shred with 2 forks.
Split croissant or roll, fill with scoops of shredded salmon, top with slaw, and serve.

ENJOY!

 

Comments

  1. Everything is better on a croissant..non?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Bill. What a nice change from our ordinary salmon meals.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, he says thanks! It's really good! Take care

      Delete
  3. i am NOT a salmon lover, though i've never had it like this or even seen this done before. i think it's a great idea and has a very good chance of getting me to consume and ENJOY fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, it's really good and maybe with the sauce it would work for you!

      Delete
  4. Pam, I was worried when I saw BBQ Salmon as I was thinking traditional BBQ sauces. Then I saw the sauce you used and all was right with the world. Great idea and a nice change of pace while eating healthy too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Dave! This sauce is a little left of traditional BBQ. It's delicious! Thanks for the visit and take care.

      Delete
  5. Good afternoon Pam,
    I love this idea...when I think of salmon, I always think of cooking it on a grill or the oven. Never would have thought like you to put it shredded on a beautiful soft croissant!
    I love the flavors mixed together and with that slaw on top, I am hungry just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing your idea..must try this one next time I make salmon. Have a wonderful day and a fabulous weekend ahead...
    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie! Same here until I started thinking about shredded pork, etc. Hope you're doing well and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I eat salmon for my lunches about half the time---and you've just given me a new way to shake it up! What a marvelous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shake it up, Liz! It's good! Thanks!

      Delete
  7. We have grilled salmon at least once every week of two and just had it last night. There is a nice chunk left over so I'm thinking of getting some croissants and trying this! It sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I hope you do and like it as much as I do. Thanks, and have a good weekend!

      Delete
  8. I adore salmon and it's my top favourite fish. That croissant sandwich looks droolworthy, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Angie! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I love salmon...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. laurie, I love it too! Thanks and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  10. Oh I LOVE this idea. I often broil my fish in the toasted oven and shred it for a recipe. Never thought of doing it with BBQ sauce for a sandwich. Must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, CEE! Hope you try it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I were at a restaurant I would order this. This sounds delicious and the croissant is a perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madonna! Glad you like it!

      Delete
  13. how cool never knew you could make salmon bbq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! It's a delicious thing! Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  14. Hi Pam, what a great idea!!!! I love salmon. Always looking for new ways to prepare it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! Yum!
    Great new idea.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QThanks, Melinda! It's great, if you like BBQ and salmon!

      Delete
  16. What a fab looking way to serve salmon - this would be marvellous in summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is Gaye! Have a good day!

      Delete
  17. Shredded salmon - what a great idea! And everything is better on a croissant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Pam, Salmon is one of my favorite fishes. This does sound wonderful. I often say to myself too, "why didn't I think of this sooner!!" Well, better late than never!
    xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

_________________________

"We plan, we toil, we suffer – in the hope of what? A camel-load of idol’s eyes? The title deeds of Radio City? The empire of Asia? A trip to the moon? No, no, no, no. Simply to wake just in time to smell coffee and bacon and eggs."
~ J.B. Priestly
_________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Popular Posts