Grilled Tequila Citrus and Jalapeño Chicken



Get your grill going!
 Because ~ this grilled chicken will make your mouth water!



This zesty chicken is marinated in tequila, lime, and pineapple juices, with a good dose of garlic and minced jalapeño, providing additional seasoning.  
The marinade tenderizes the chicken, making it moist and flavor-packed.  It’s a perfect marinade that’s not as hot and spicy as it sounds.



 
You can’t go wrong with this mix of ingredients ~ the chicken is bursting with flavor and is summer BBQing at its best!  

Serve with buttered corn on the cob to make it even more enjoyable!

Speaking of corn on the cob, growing up on the farm, we always called it “sweet corn,” and sweet it is now!  Am I the only one who thinks it is way much “sweeter” now than it used to be??? 


Grilled Tequila Citrus and Jalapeño Chicken

Ingredients:

¼ cup tequila
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup pineapple juice 
1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts

Method:

Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a large resealable bag, add chicken, seal bag and turn to coat.
Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, for up to 4 hours.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Place chicken on grill rack and grill until cooked through, and juices run clear. 

ENJOY!


Comments

  1. Pam, We love chicken and this marinade sounds great! The only problem I have is that when I've grilled chicken, I've tended to burn it...either because I have the fire too hot or I'm afraid of under cooking poultry. In any case, this marinade would work well in the oven too I'm sure. Hope that you and yours had a great Independence Day! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, this would do fine in the oven. The marinade is really good for chicken and makes it nice and tender. Thanks for the visit! Take care

      Delete
  2. Our favorite flavors are in this dish! We always called it sweet corn. Alas, corn in our area is not available yet. Can't wait!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I still call it sweet corn. It's not ready here yet either, another couple of weeks they say! Have a good day!

      Delete
  3. i didn't see tequila in the ingredient list--does that mean we should add only as much as we can handle? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! Ha! That would work too, but I've added the tequila now, thanks for letting me know. It's a wonderful thing!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! We liked it!

      Delete
    2. Even the title of this post caught my eye. Great marinade for this chicken.... Great Summer recipe....yum!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Shug! I love food from the grill and summer!

      Delete
  5. I have chicken marinating as we speak..this looks good..you eat well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Nana! We try to! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This chicken sounds so delicious! I love the marinade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Medeja! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  8. Hi Pam,
    Thank you for thinking about me and sending your prayers as well. Yes, it has been a really rough time the whole month of June. I was in the hospital. I have had a bad case of Cellulitis on my leg. It has been so painful and it really takes so long to heal. The only way I would get some relief was laying down in the bed. This didn't help my Lupus and MS as it was stressing me out so much. I have a nurse that comes 2 times a week to check my leg and my vitals. Thank God for pain killers, I am at least able to get up without crying from the pain. The doctors can't figure out where or how I got this problem. I have not been on FB and have not posted anything to my blog as it has been hard to sit at my PC. Hopefully I will be back to blogging on Friday... Hope all is well with you and your families and you had a wonderful July 4th. I am sorry that I have not been able to get back to you sooner and read all of your posts. This recipe sounds really yummy.
    Be well and love to all....Dottie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dottie! Sorry to hear this, and hope that you are on the road to recovery. I'm looking forward to your return to your great blog. You take it easy and take care. I'll be thinking about you! Blessings your way.

      Delete
  9. Corn is definitely sweeter than it used to be! A good thing, in my book. And this dish is another good thing! Who can resist grilled chicken? And with the flavors you've added -- wow! Really good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tequila shrimp that I make so I know I would le this! It looks so juicy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________