Blackberry Cobbler




 Tell me, what’s your summertime little guilty pleasure?  Share with me ~ I’ll keep it a secret! 

One of mine is fresh homemade Blackberry Cobbler!

BBriesand ice cream
The juicy blackberries had my name written on them when I saw them at the farmer’s market yesterday ~ I knew exactly what to do with them ~ cobbler!

BB bowl
BB baked
The plump bites of tartness sweetened up with a little sprinkling of sugar; depending upon sweetness of berries, plus a touch of lemon zest and cinnamon.  Baked over the berries, is a simple homemade biscuit cobbler topping.   It’s easy to pull together and a perfect little dessert for anyone. 

We enjoy blackberry cobbler warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream ~ it’s oh so delicious!  

Pure bliss…


Blackberry Cobbler

For the berries:

4 cups fresh blackberries
¼ to ⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1½ tablespoons instant tapioca

For the cobbler topping:

3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
¼ cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten

Method:

In a 9” x 9” baking dish, combine berries, sugars, lemon zest and juice, cinnamon and cornstarch, combine well.
Let berries set for 30 minutes to macerate.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bow, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. 
Cut the butter into the flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Make a well in the center and stir in milk and beaten egg until just moistened, do not over-stir.
By large spoonfuls, place mounds of dough over the berries in the baking dish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the topping is bubbly and a golden brown.
Serve warm or room temperature with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream

ENJOY!




Comments

  1. Love blackberries, they are ripening here now. Your cobbler looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melynda! Lucky you! Blackberries are the best!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, looks delish! I love peach or blueberry shortcake, sometimes combined!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! Woo hoo to combined! That's living on the edge! :-)

      Delete
  3. Pam, Looks great to me! I love cobbler of just about any type...blackberry, blueberry, apple and peach are my favorites. That scoop of quality vanilla ice cream just puts this dessert over the top! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave! I love this time of year for all the great fresh fruit and goodies like this. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Oh my those blackberries look delicious. I love blackberries. Your cobbler looks fantastic. I will need to resist eating my fresh blackberries so I can make your cobbler. Thanks for posting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Geraldine! It's a great treat!

      Delete
  5. nothing better than berries love all of them this looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Pam!! I love blackberries!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria! I do too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Amazing Pam!! I love blackberries!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam,
    Perfect summer dessert! I happen to have blackberries as it is a favorite of mine in the summer. So I will be making this recipe this week.Years ago I lived in upstate New York, and my neighbor had a few blackberry trees..We used to pick them and I would make blackberry pies...they are so good. Thanks for sharing this post... Have a good week...
    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dottie! It's the best for summer in my way of thinking. Bet those NY blackberries were good! We used to have them on the farm when I was growing up and it was a wonderful thing, good blackberries!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Got you Melinda! My exact sentiments.

      Delete
  10. Cobbler with blackberries must be very delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medeja, it is! I can't imagine a summer without a good blackberry cobbler. :-)

      Delete
  11. Dear Pam, that looks like a wonderful summer indulgence. Those berries would have been calling me too! My summer indulgence is a creamy coconut ice. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cobbler looks great Pam - it's hard to walk past a container of the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never done much with blackberries except eat them fresh. They are my favorite berry and maybe it is because they are a splurge. But oh boy, does this look good. May have to splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never done much with blackberries except eat them fresh. They are my favorite berry and maybe it is because they are a splurge. But oh boy, does this look good. May have to splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in - anything to do with berries makes me very happy. This is berry bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never met a cobbler I didn't like! Peach is my weakness, but blackberry is awfully good too. This looks superb! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm drooling but peach cobbler would be even tastier!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous cobbler, Pam! They are so much easier than making a pie but every bit as delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite has to be a peach raspberry pie or crisp. But I do love blackberry desserts, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love far too much of summer, Pam, and my waistline shows it! Love blackberries and your cobbler topping looks magnificent! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i've only used tapioca once--for some reason, i almost always revert to cornstarch. regardless, this looks delicious and your biscuit topping is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate.
- Paul Lynde
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Printfriendly


When you feel like eating boiled eggs,

if you have some truffles in the house,

put them in a basket

with the eggs

and the next day you will have the

best boiled eggs you have ever tasted in your gastronomic life.

--- M.Des Ombiaux



Popular posts from this blog

Tender and Delicious Italian-Style Baked Chicken Breasts

Succulent Slow-cooker Pork Loin in Gravy

Bubba’s Winning Homemade Summer Sausage

The Best Lemon Pound Cake ~ I’m Telling You the Truth!

Dinner Party

Dinner Party
Jules-Alexandre Grun

Since 2009