A Lighter Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles



I bought a mandolin years ago, and after one use, kicked it to the garage.  I just knew my fingers would be shredded!

Then, I moved on ~ to the spiralizer train ~ owning one of the best kitchen gadgets I’ve come across in a while, the Spirooli!  



It cuts, slices, shreds, or spirals the veggies and fruit in no time at all ~ making it the perfect tool for all the great summer veggies, and this delicious shrimp scampi dish.
Some of the best recipes are handed from friend to friend, and that’s how I learned of this recipe.  It’s a light version of shrimp scampi, with zucchini substituting for the pasta.  I spiraled the zucchini into lasagna noodle sized ribbons, instead of spaghetti sized.  Adjust the garlic and red pepper flakes to your liking.  

Not a "colorful pic," but it makes up for it in deliciousness!

This is easy, packed with delicious good flavors, and it’s fun to make using a spiralizer!  In another words, the Spirooli and this recipe are keepers!


Light Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles

Ingredients:

1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste
¼ cup white wine, or fish or vegetable stock
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 zucchini, cut into thin noodle-like strips
Parmesan cheese, for garnish

Method: 

Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 minute.
Place shrimp in the pan, season with salt and pepper; cook until pink, about 3 minutes.
Transfer shrimp to a bowl using a slotted spoon, keep warm.
Increase liquid remaining in pan to medium heat.
Add wine and lemon juice, cook for 2 minutes.
Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
Return shrimp to skillet, toss to combine and heat through.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with Parmesan sprinkled over top.
2-4 servings  

ENJOY!


Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed here about the product represent my own, just my opinions, no more, no less.




Comments

  1. So far, so good with my mandolin use. Not so my husband. He thought he could do it without the guard. I won't go into further detail!! This looks delicious. And, lovely young squash are appearing in our farmer's market.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet that's a good story, Bonnie! Just the word "mandolin" scares me! Love that farmer's market this time of year. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about getting one of these. So neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're kind of fun to use, Ivy!

      Delete
  3. Pam, That's a cool kitchen tool! Nice dinner option for those of us who are cutting carbs to better control our weight. With the spices and cheese, there still is plenty of flavor to be had... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Dave! Pasta would be better, but the zucchini is a great substitute. Spices, a little heat, for sure. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Really like how you reduced calories in this recipe just by substituting the zucchini in place of the noodles. I need one of these kitchen gadgets!! Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shug, thanks! Every little bit helps, I guess when it comes to calories.

      Delete
  5. I agree I like this gadget and bought zucchini just for this this week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique, glad you like it also.! :-)

      Delete
  6. Hi Pam , this is a great dish , I have a Spirooli and there are so many different uses .Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nee, you too, that's great! I'm still experimenting with it, seeing what all it can do Thanks! :-)

      Delete
  7. I love this gadget and the plate look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  8. I have not tried one of these yet, but you remind me that I must! This dish sounds great and so much fun with those zoodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbe, zoodles, for sure! Love that word and the dish too! Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  9. I was always much too cautious to buy a mandolin. I just knew nothing good would come of it! Now the spiralizer - that's something I could use without worries. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Beth, I fully understand! It was disaster waiting to happen for me. So the spiralizer works great! Thanks!

      Delete
  10. This recipe sounds wonderful. Love the zucchini noodles. I need to invest in a spiralizer:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geraldine, me too! It's a good little gadget that I really like.

      Delete
  11. really sounds and looks so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mandoline scares me - I always use the guard even though it results in more waste. This shrimp dish looks really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaye, it scared me even with the guard and I only tried it once, that was enough. Thanks, the shrimp is great!

      Delete
  13. Hi Pam, what a smart dish, your shrimp look perfectly cooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheri, thanks! We liked it, lots of good flavor!

      Delete
  14. I'm with you on the mandoline -- scary thing. I use it, but always with the guard. And even then I'm nervous! Anyway, really need to get one of these nifty little machines and do zucchini noodles. Perfect in this dish -- love all the flavor you've packed in this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, thanks! You are much braver than me! I knew it wasn't going to be nice if I kept using it. The spiralizer is fun and does the job quickly too.

      Delete
  15. Of course I would NOT have the one kitchen gadget that works! Your dish looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, it took me a long while to get one. I've gotten so many too that don't live up to the hype. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  16. This dish looks yummy, Pam. What a great low cal substitute for pasta. I have yet to buy one of those spiral cutters but I'm very tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, thanks! Low cal works sometimes, like it did with this dish. Have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  17. Hey Pam - I got your message & wrote back: I haven't seen you here in awhile either. Welcome back to blogging. Good to see you're back and what a fun toy for making vedge pastas, you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivy! Thanks, it has been kind of busy here and I bet you still going strong, not having missed a day! :-)

      Delete
  18. I seriously need to be making more food with shrimp!! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved reading about your experience with your spriooli gadget. I bought a spiralizer last year and haven't even used it once yet. . . that needs to change. Love how you used zucchini for your noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love gadgets like this one, Pam. I don't have one, but am tempted after seeing this! Such fun and sooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp look delicious, Pam! A mandolin & me would not work well together, but the little gadget sounds good.
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Pam, I love shrimp scampi and this is a delicious version. xoxo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  23. This recipe is definitely a keeper with me! Tonight we enjoyed this awesome dish for dinner. The zucchini tastes so good with the lemon + wine flavoring. Thanks for sharing this!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate.
- Paul Lynde
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Printfriendly



I want to enjoy my life, and food is a big part of it.

~ Gwyneth Paltrow





Popular posts from this blog

Tender and Delicious Italian-Style Baked Chicken Breasts

Succulent Slow-cooker Pork Loin in Gravy

Bubba’s Winning Homemade Summer Sausage

The Best Lemon Pound Cake ~ I’m Telling You the Truth!

ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɴ ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ

Dinner Party

Dinner Party
Jules-Alexandre Grun

Since 2009