all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Thursday, January 15, 2015

Easy Cornmeal Honey Biscuits



You can whip up these little biscuits in no time!




I’m pretty much hooked on anything cornmeal, and these tasty biscuits fill that craving perfectly.

You can use plain cornmeal, if you prefer ~ I’m a fan of stone-ground cornmeal for its crunchier texture.



With this easy recipe, from Food Network Magazine at hand, it's a piece of cake to have freshly-made biscuits on your dinner table. 

They’re plush, lip-smacking goodness with a little crunch, and a little heat!

Easy Cornmeal Honey Biscuits 
Adapted

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups flour
1/3 cup stone-ground cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt1/8 teaspoon cayenne
6 tablespoons butter, cold and diced
2/3 cup milk*
1 tablespoon honey

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne in a large bowl.
Work in butter with your fingers until crumbly.
Stir in milk and honey.
Let sit for 5 minutes.
Roll dough into 8 balls, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Brush with milk.
Bake for about 12 minutes until golden.

*Food Network recipe calls for half-and-half.  I use 2% milk.

ENJOY!







15 comments:

  1. Pam, We've never tried using the stone ground corn meal. We'll have to give it a try. Love honey 'kissed' cornmeal anything! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Pam.......looks like these have a crispness to them, which I know I would love. I'm with you....cornmeal makes things taste really good!! I have some good peas in the ref. and these honey cornmeal biscuits will sure complete my meal... Have a Blessed day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite fond of cornmeal breads, etc.. These sound delicious.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anything made with cornmeal. These biscuits sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear, I love these biscuits look amazing!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pam,
    Love Cornmeal Biscuits and these look amazing...I just want to reach into the screen and take one right now...Thanks for sharing...
    Have a wonderful weekend coming up!
    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty much hooked on anything with cornmeal too. I wish I could reach into the screen and snatch one. I wonder if I could leave out some (not all) of the honey.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cornmeal, but have never had a cornmeal biscuit before! Would love to have these for my tea-time snack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cornmeal biscuits...oh my. All I need to know is where did you hide the leftovers??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, these biscuits look wonderful---especially with a touch of honey! They'd be a great side with soup and so many other entrees :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Yum! I sure could use one of these right about now, Pam!

    Thanks so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your biscuits look great, and they'd be perfect beside the soups and stews that I long to make at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would be great for Easter dinner!

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam