Devil’s Food Cupcakes for Halloween




It’s that time of year ~ close to Halloween ~ and ending my fifth year of posting recipes here ~ that translates to 593 recipes I’ve shared with you…



Speaking of Halloween, this cupcake recipe turns out delicious moist cupcakes for all you chocolate lovers. 



Spread on top is a great buttercream icing for decorating.  That’s the fun part, decorating them your way:  whether it’s creepy, crawly, wicked, ghoulish, spooky, or just plain cute.

These cupcakes are perfect devil’s food for Halloween!



Devil’s Food Cupcakes

Ingredients: 

¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
1¾ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup (2 ounces) Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1½ cups milk, water or cool coffee 

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners, set aside.
With electric mixer in a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and salt, till light and fluffy, beating for at least 5 minutes.
In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and cocoa, making sure there are no lumps.
Add eggs to butter mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Mix together the milk and add vanilla.
Add one-third of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
Add half the milk.
Add another third of the flour.
Add the remaining milk.
Add the remaining flour.
Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally while mixing.
Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Let cool in pans for 10 minutes.
Transfer cupcakes to wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Frost with Buttercream Frosting.
Decorate as desired. 

Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients: 

6 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1/8 teaspoon salt
4-5 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ to 1/3 cup milk
2 or 3 drops orange food coloring, optional

Method: 

In a large bowl, beat together butter, shortening and salt until fluffy.
Add half of the confectioner’s sugar and beat slowly until well blended.
Add vanilla and half of the milk until fluffy.
Continue mixing in the sugar and milk alternately until they’ve been completely absorbed, using as much milk as needed for spreading consistency.
Beat until light and fluffy.                                     

ENJOY!



After 5 years of recipes, I’ve decided to take an extended leave of absence.

Thanks to all of you for your support and kind comments, it has been a great ride.   
So long for now…



Here’s wishing you an early
 Happy Halloween!





27 comments:

  1. They look great..
    Hope all is ok Pam..have appreciated everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear this!

    Take care and hope you'll
    be back later.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of cooking that you've done for us!! Thank you for all of the deliciousness that you've shared.. I will miss your happy face in my feeds. : (
    Please stop back in and say hi every now and then.. I mean, what are these bloggers gonna do without you.. gonna be a lot of hungry husbands out there!! : )

    Take care!xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam.. I hope you will enjoy your break.. and I really hope you will be back soon! You will be missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a recipe my granddaughters will certainly enjoy fixing.. lots of fun as well..
    Congratulations on your 5 years of posting recipes. I'm gonna miss your post while you are out, but I certainly understand a good break is needed sometimes. Hope all is well...and I will be looking forward to your coming back! Enjoy your time off....hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a cut lil devil's food cupcake!!!
    good job my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, My wife loves cupcakes and these would be right up her alley! They look great... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. A dark chocolate cupcake is a great treat for Halloween! I've enjoyed stopping in, Pam, & will miss visiting. Enjoy the holidays & your family!
    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. 539 recipes ... bravo.

    You will be missed. I hope you pop in now and then to say hi.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will miss you but I know the feeling of needing a break. I am getting to think a break is needed but I love my photography so much that I hate not to share it!!! It all takes so much time and editing of photos but....

    Keep well and maybe you will visit from time to time Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. After 5 years you definitely need a break! And at least you're leaving us with these wonderful cupcakes to enjoy while you're gone. But we'll be hungry again, eventually, so hope you return. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Halloween recipe! Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cupcakes, Pam!
    Enjoy your well-deserved break!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are ok Pam! And hope you come back when you want dear;)
    All love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Devil 's Food Cupcakes are my very best favorite, Pam...ooo la la on the Buttercream frosting too.

    Thanks for sharing, Pam...Enjoy Halloween:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Pam, I hope you will be back soon; though I will keep you in my prayers that all is well. I am very blessed to have met you in this blogging world and keep you in my prayers.
    The cupcakes are classic and one of my favorites!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will miss your posts..hope you come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll miss you Pam. Five years is a long time and congratulations on your accomplishments. I hope all is well and take care.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you're all well, Pam ! Its year end festive season & Christmas will be arriving soon too. Bet everyone at the other side of the globe is getting busy... very busy. Anyway, enjoy & have fun.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pam,
    Your cupcakes are so cute and ghoulish, Perfect for any Halloween. I will miss you, but everybody needs a break once and awhile. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Pam, Just stopping by to say "hello" and I hope that you have a lovely and blessed Thanksgiving holiday. I hope that all is well. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for all the great recipes. You've inspired quite a few meals. I'm going into my sixth year and it's tough to keep going. Every happy wish!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cupcakes! I hope you had a wonderful Halloween.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know how I missed a chocolate recipe! Who needs Halloween to make this? Love the buttercream frosting - and not a huge frosting person!

    ReplyDelete

***************************************************************************
Eat, Drink and Be Thankful!
***************************************************************************
Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam
***************************************************************************




“He shoveled the bacon out on a plate and broke the eggs in the hot grease, and they jumped and fluttered their edges to brown lace and make clucking sounds.”

~ John Steinbeck, East of Eden



DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴡᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍɪɴɴɪᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤

ᴍᴏᴏᴄʜᴇʀ ❤ ʀɪᴘ ❤
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews