Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Slices



I like the taste of grilled pineapple with succulent pork ~ it seems like they go together naturally!



If you’ve never eaten jerk seasoning, you’re in for a surprise at how delicious it is.  Jerk style of cooking is native to Jamaica in which meat is either dry-rubbed or wet marinated, with a hot spice mixture.  The use of allspice and thyme, as well as an abundance of peppers characterizes the seasoning, with sugar for a sweet touch to complement the hot chillies.





For this recipe, mix the paste, spread over the pork and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to 24 hours to marinate, allowing the seasonings to penetrate deep into the meat. 



The jerk pork with juicy pineapple slices is an outstanding combination…



It’s good eating, my friend!





Grilled Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Slices



2 pounds pork tenderloin

1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced 1” thick



Jerk Seasoning:



2 habanero chillies, deseeded and chopped

½ teaspoon ground allspice

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground thyme

3 garlic cloves, minced

2 green onions, chopped

2 teaspoons light brown sugar

1 tablespoon lime juice

2 tablespoons olive oil



Pineapple ingredients:



1 fresh pineapple, trimmed, cored and peeled

3 tablespoons honey

1 tablespoon lime juice, orange or lemon

1 teaspoon seasoned pepper



Method:



Using a mortar and pestle, or food processor, blend together the ingredients for the jerk seasoning to make a smooth paste. 

Spread mixture over pork tenderloin and place in a resealable plastic bag, making sure the pork is well coated with the marinade.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.

Preheat a grill to medium heat.

Remove meat from bag and discard marinade.

Grill the pork for 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until slightly charred on the outside and an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees.

Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.



Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients for pineapple in a small bowl.

Cut pineapple into 1-inch slices.

Brush with glaze.

Grill about 3 minutes on each side, turning once and basting with glaze.

Serve





ENJOY!






Comments

  1. Dear Pam, I love jerk pork or chicken and the grilled pineapple is delicious!! Beautiful meal dear.
    Have a great day. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the addition of the grilled pineapple Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deloicious. Many times ago I enjoyed pork chops with pínneapple and was wonderful!
    Thisa look amazing Pam!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, We love jerked meat! What time would you like us to show up for dinner? Looks great! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam....
    Spicy is the way I like my food and this will be a perfect recipe that will make my taste buds sing!! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right Pam. Pork and pineapple got together as if they're made for each other. Good looking pork.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam , Boy are the ingredients in the jerk seasoning call out to you . Love pineapple with pork , I bet when it get to cold to grill outside you can cook this in the oven . Thanks so much for sharing Pam , I am pinning ;- D ~Nee~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love jerk seasoning. I think it brings grilled meat to a new level….And pork and fruit makes for an excellent pairing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love the combo of pork and pineapple (or mango). I am taking the jerk seasoning recipe with me, Pam. Thanks for sharing!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like everything you post, it looks yum yum yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pork and pineapple is really delicious combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have two pork tenderloins in the freezer and was thinking to do something different with them. And, I've never done "jerk" anything although it has always sounded delicious. I'm printing this up.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks really good Pam. We just had a tenderloin just the other night and I wish I'd thought of using jerk and we both agree with you on the grilled pineapple with pork.

    ReplyDelete
  14. while my favorite pairing with pork is apples, pineapples aren't far behind! this is fabulous, pam, and it's something i'd eat as often as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my. Pam, your pork is grilled to perfection...and I'm sure its taste is outstanding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so delicious-can't go wrong with pork and pineapple and all those spices.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I gotta quit reading food blogs
    when I am hungry!

    Looks so good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I gotta quit reading food blogs
    when I am hungry!

    Looks so good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I gotta quit reading food blogs
    when I am hungry!

    Looks so good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. I gotta quit reading food blogs
    when I am hungry!

    Looks so good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. I gotta quit reading food blogs
    when I am hungry!

    Looks so good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. I gotta quit reading food blogs
    when I am hungry!

    Looks so good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. I gotta quit reading food blogs
    when I am hungry!

    Looks so good.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmmm! I loved jerked anything! But pork is particularly good. This looks amazing -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Grilled Pineapple, Jerked seasoning, Pork...who could ask for anything more?

    Thanks for sharing, Pam...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Pam, sorry, I have not been around in a while - but this pork tenderloin looks absolutely fabulous. I do enjoy grilled pork very much and the jerk spices are always a big hit at our house too. Add some pineapples (with your delicious glaze) and you have a fantastic family-style meal!
    Thanks for sharing - Andrea
    Greetings from sunny Bonn

    ReplyDelete
  27. You just may have convinced me to try jerk. I've always thought it would be too hot, but your recipe sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks incredibly good Pam! Love that you paired it with the sweet pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pineapple and pork..what a delish combo!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Like you, I love jerk and usually go with a wet marinade. Especially glad to see the habanero in there, to me you have to have that and earthy spices like allspice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________