Feta-stuffed Tomatoes



This dish is just a simple little late summer pleasure…

It’s perfect for the season!
 


Adding to the great tomato taste, is a little texture from the breadcrumbs, the mild taste of green onions, and the salty tang of crumbled feta cheese, with Italian dressing delivering spiciness.

Simply stuff the tomatoes, bake for a short time, and enjoy a simple summer pleasure!


Feta-stuffed Tomatoes

Ingredients:

4 medium tomatoes
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons green onions, sliced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon seasoned black pepper
4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
Parsley sprigs for garnish, if desired

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut tomatoes in half horizontally.
Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
Discard seeds and chop pulp, and set aside.
In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients, stirring after each addition.
Stuff each tomato with feta mixture.
Place in a 13” x 9” baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
Bake for 15 minutes, until heated through.
Place under broiler for a minute or so to brown slightly.
Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Serve


ENJOY!





14 comments:

  1. I am a big tomato lover and it couldn't get any better than stuffed tomatoes with feta. I will definitely try these beautiful tomatoes Pam.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just about to make a new recipe with Tomatoes and feta..I will save yours too.I love the 2 together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Pam....
    Just can't beat the big taste of a good tomato and to add other flavors such as this, can only make it more tasty! Hope your day is joyful and fun-filled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pam, I love the fresh tomato season!! The freshness of the tomatoes and paired with the feta is sooo good. I love a good piece of bread to dip with these. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wouldn't you know it, I have 4 medium tomatoes to use up and to think I was going to simply slice them for dinner. This I want to make, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tomatoes! Can't beat summer tomatoes and it's going to be hard to leave them for another year. We won't have them much longer here, so I'm going to try this recipe before they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I really like tomatoes and I love Feta cheese... This will be a good way for me to get my better half to eat more vegetables! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am making these tomorrow!!!! Tomatoes in Maryland have been delicious this summer ~ my family will love this.
    Thanks Pam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty light and delicious dish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this looks dee...li...cious Pam and oh so easy too!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing, Pam...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam,
    This looks delicious! I could easily finish half a dozen, I love baked tomatoes and with the fillings, even better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds delicious Pam and a great way to get in some late season tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just happen to have the ingredient on hand for thses..lucky me!

    ReplyDelete

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

The smells of slow cooking spread around the house and impart a unique warmth matched only by the flavour of the food.
~ Yotam Ottolenghi

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’





Christmas cookies and happy hearts ~

that is the way

the holiday starts!




DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❤ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❤

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❀ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❀
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews