Deviled Egg Spread for DA Bears on Sunday!



Set a bowl of this spread out on game day, and I bet it’ll be devoured before you know it!




What do I like about this deviled egg spread besides the good taste?  It’s easy peasy and it ends the curse of peeling hard-boiled eggs and ending up with nasty-looking pitted egg whites.




This is tasty twist on traditional stuffed eggs. It’s simple to whip up, and customize to your liking.  Add a touch of chopped basil or other herb, or cayenne pepper for a little heat.
This spread will be a winner ~ even if your team isn’t!


Deviled Egg Spread 

Ingredients:

1 dozen large eggs
3 tablespoons onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon yellow mustard, or to taste
2 tablespoons pickle relish
Salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, for dusting

Method:

In a large saucepan, cover eggs with water and bring to a boil.
Remove pan from heat, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
Drain the eggs and cool under running cold water.
Let eggs cool in the water.
Once the eggs have cooled, shell and halve them lengthwise.
Finely chop the eggs by hand or food processor and transfer to a large bowl.
Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
Combine all in bowl and season with salt and pepper.
 
Add more mayonnaise if needed for desired creaminess.
Dust with Paprika before serving.
Serve with baguettes, crackers or party rye rounds.


ENJOY!



GO BEARS!
BEAT THE PACK!!!



 
Our house

 

                                                              
Smiley




17 comments:

  1. Dear Pam, I love deviled eggs. They are classic and you really don't see many recipes of these delicious eggs.
    Blessings dear and I hope you have fun on Sunday!
    Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in heaven this summer because my friend keeps giving me her farm fresh eggs and they are HEAVEN.

    Heaven I say, heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to put the mustard and relish in my egg salad sandwiches:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Da Bears! lol. We love saying that around here. I love egg everything, infact, I've got a quiche in the oven right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a great idea for a game day...looks delish too! I think I will cut the recipe down for just the two of us or we will eat the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got excited when I saw the "Go Bears" pic. Here is our small town, we are "THE BEARS"

    I am happy to say that I am a big fan of boiled eggs....no matter the recipe. This is another good one to add to my list!! Thanks for sharing this delicious dip...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pickle relish and mustard in egg salad?? You are a true southerner. Love it that way!! Go Bears!! Good luck in your divided house.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for tip ~ I so love this recipe ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the looks of your deviled eggs on the dark party pumpernickel bread. What a treat.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, Your deviled eggs sound good! My wife uses capers in her mix and I add a bit of Tabasco to mine before I down them... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. Ken would love this!
    I'll let him have it too.
    I like regular deviled eggs though.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hubby is a deviled egg fan...this dip would put him over the moon. BUT his is also a Packer fan...and boy has he been fretting over this game. He had a nightmare a couple days ago that he was grilling burgers and salmon and missed the final play...and the Bears won. He said we could not eat either of those entrees on Sunday. Superstitious? You bet. I think I'll go shopping during the game as it may get intense around here. May the best team win :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love deviled eggs..it's delicious and jampacked with protein!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam,
    I wish that your positve Bears fan enthusiasm, had carried over in the game. I might just have to make your yummy dip now to console Scott and I, after the outcome of the game:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny! (And I loved Liz's comment, too!) Football is something to take very seriously....

    This variation on eggs looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A tasty spread! Great party food. I really love the idea.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I do love deviled eggs any way that I can get them, Pam. A spread is just perfect!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Pam...I'm working on a non-egg mayo substitute, lol...

    ReplyDelete

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

The smells of slow cooking spread around the house and impart a unique warmth matched only by the flavour of the food.
~ Yotam Ottolenghi

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep smiling!
Pam

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’





Christmas cookies and happy hearts ~

that is the way

the holiday starts!




DINNER PARTY

DINNER PARTY
Jules-Alexandre Grun

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

ᴑᴏᴏ ʜᴏᴏ!!!

United States 7.3.16

Flag Counter

Global Visitors 7.3.16

Flag Counter

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs

ᴍΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺᴇ❣ 13 ʏᴇᴀʀs
May 5, 2004…

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❤ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❤

α΄α΄α΄α΄„Κœα΄‡Κ€ ❀ Κ€Ιͺᴘ ❀
May 5, 2004 – Dec 16, 2014

THIS BLOG LAUNCHED OCTOBER 29, 2009

StatCounter

Total Pageviews