Cauliflower with Lemon Mustard Butter



This sauce really perks up cauliflower!        




For a low-fat sauce, it has great flavor and I imagine it would be good on most vegetables.  The sauce combines Dijon mustard, lemon peel and scallions ~ a little spicy, a little tart. 

It’s quick and good for a week day dinner, and I wouldn’t hesitate to serve it for company.  The cauliflower tastes delicious, and it’s not drowning in a calorie-laden creamy sauce. 

By the way, try Flora Pro-Active Spread, if you’re looking for a good replacement for butter.

Cauliflower with Lemon Mustard Butter

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons Pro-Active Spread, room temperature
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
¼ cup scallions, chopped
½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
4 cups cauliflower florets

Method:

In a small bowl, mix together everything but the cauliflower.
Cook cauliflower until tender.
Add mustard mixture; stir well.
Serve



ENJOY!






Comments

  1. Pam, Looks good to me! We've started seeing what we can do would cauliflower too... We mashed some with a bit of garlic and butter and they were pretty good. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cauliflowers! I love how sounds this Pam.
    I hope to have some cauliflowers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon peel and scallions are a very tasty combination and I'm sure were fantastic on the cauliflower. I'm not familiar with Pro-Active spread. I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried cauliflower salad before but not this way ~ Thanks for the recipe ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever heard of Amateur-Active Spread? It's known as prune puree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roasted cauliflower, but this is perfect for summer, when I don't want my oven on.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam....I've missed visiting the past few weeks. this recipe looks healthy! I've not heard of Pro-active spread. I'm assuming this can be found in the ref. area along with the butter?
    Hugs to you
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam, this is now on the menu! I know the hubs will love it! Thank you!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can eat cauliflower every day..I mean every day! Love this veggie!
    This looks very delicious and simple to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is super interesting. Thanks for this post. Never tried that before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

_________________________

"We plan, we toil, we suffer – in the hope of what? A camel-load of idol’s eyes? The title deeds of Radio City? The empire of Asia? A trip to the moon? No, no, no, no. Simply to wake just in time to smell coffee and bacon and eggs."
~ J.B. Priestly
_________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Popular Posts