all sorts of recipes, from me to you…


Monday, June 2, 2014

Spicy Peppered Salmon Fillets with Horseradish Drizzle


I’m a salmon aficionado, and pepper too ~ the peppermill is always nearby on the dinner table.  That’s why this recipe from the Chicago Tribune is a winner here!




The rich flavor of salmon is sometimes best when it’s cooked simply, and since it’s grilling season, salmon is just as delicious cooked on the grill instead of the stovetop.

Salmon fishing

Cracked peppercorns, peppered over the salmon, provide a little heat, but the star here is the creamy zesty sauce.  Horseradish provides a distinctive kick when stirred into creamy sour cream in making this zesty snappy sauce.  


Horseradish plant


This is truly delicious ~ we really liked this simple sauce over the salmon, and I will be repeating it often.  I’m thinking the sauce would be great over a burger also!



Spicy Peppered Salmon Fillets with Horseradish Drizzle

Ingredients:

4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
2 teaspoons cracked or freshly ground pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup sour cream
3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon milk
4 sprigs fresh dill or a sprinkling of dill weed, for garnish

Method:

Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper on both sides, pat lightly so seasonings adhere.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over high heat.
Add salmon, skin side up.
Cook to sear, about 2 minutes.
Carefully turn with spatula, sear another 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, cover skillet.
Cook until salmon is almost cooked through, about 4 minutes, depending upon thickness.
Transfer to platter.
Meanwhile, mix together sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl.
Stir in enough milk to make drizzling consistency (it takes very little.)
Drizzle over salmon.
Top each fillet with dill for garnish.



Truly delicious!

ENJOY!





15 comments:

  1. Pam, Great looking entree! Love the horseradish cream sauce... I have used a variation of that sauce on burgers and roast beef sandwiches. Yum! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We love salmon, horseradish, and pepper! This would be a winner here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bears fishing. I love horseradish sauce but my husband does not! I have no idea why as he likes all other hot foods!! Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always in the mood for salmon and I'm loving this horseradish drizzle.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love horseradish….Delicious. This sauce would make salmon sing.

    Velva

    P.S. Pepper is my #1 go to spice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salmon is a favorite in my house and so is horseradish. This sounds delicious, Pam. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love salmon Pam and always your recipes of salmon are deliciousi would like to trsy this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A delicious salmon recipe! I love those peppy flavors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love salmon but I would have never thought to pair it with horseradish. It sounds delicious! I have all of the ingredients. I always have frozen salmon on hand. Yes, we are getting rain and the temperature is 64! I have a pot of kale and ham hocks bubbling away in the kitchen!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam,
    We love Salmon, too, but would have never thought of putting salmon together with a Horseradish sauce, until now. We will be making this sauce the next time we have Salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam,
    Such a delicious dish of salmon! I have never tried horseradish sauce before, would love to!
    I like that "salmon fishing" photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Pam,

    Salmon is one of my favorite fishes to eat.
    I do like the spicy kick of the horseradish and horseradish is good for you too.
    I hope that all is well. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never paired horseradish with salmon, but it's a terrific idea! Looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks yummy! We eat a lot more fish here in Florida..always fresh and good! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

_____________________________________

"It's the onions. They're only supposed to sweat, but they fell down exhausted."

~~~ Mrs. Patmore, Downton Abbey (about a failed broth)

_______________________________________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam