We’re still having cool weather here ~ heavy thunderstorms last evening, so
this dish was flat out delicious for the circumstances: bites of tender pork
topping egg noodles that soak up the rich-tasting tangy sauce!
Pork paprikash is native to Hungary, and a close cousin of
goulash. I make it using sweet
paprika; you make it with hot paprika, if you like the heat.
Chunks of pork are browned, and then simmered, in a sauce of
paprika, onions and bell peppers.
Sour cream richens the savory flavors of the dish. Unfortunately, I don’t recall the
source of the recipe.
We fall for this dish every time I make it ~ it’s comfort
food of the highest order!
It’s definitely a delicious vivid colorful dish!
Pork Tenderloin Paprikash
Ingredients:
8 ounces egg noodles
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, timed and cut into 1-inch
chunks
½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon pepper
5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1½ cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
1½ cups unsalted chicken stock
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
Method:
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add 2
teaspoons oil.
Add pork, cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides.
Remove pork from pan.
Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to
pan.
Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
Sauté 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Add flour, tomato paste and paprika, combine well.
Add stock and vinegar, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Add pork, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until pork is
tender.
Remove skillet from heat, stir in sour cream.
Adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve over hot noodles.
Serves 4
ENJOY!


Pam, Thanks for the food 'reminder'. It's been a long time since we've had Pork Paprikash. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave
ReplyDeleteIt is a good reminder..I have a few frozen tenderloins..sounds good!
ReplyDeletePam,
ReplyDeleteYes, we have cool weather again. Your paprikash is perfect for those cooler days. Using pork tenderloin to make this dish , makes it quick and delicious.
Mmmmmm!! That dish looks so good.
ReplyDeleteIt is cool here today too. I think spring is struggling to take hold
That beautiful recipe is sure to please and comfort.
Blessings dear. Catherine
Still having cool weather? We've had lots of storms, but the temps have been very warm. Too warm already...for me!
ReplyDeletePork is ONE of the meats that I do like and the sauce looks so very tasty.....two great combinations..
A great combo of flavors and it looks beautiful too. Hoping spring finally shows up in true colors.
ReplyDeleteWe had a lovely elderly Hungarian friend who fed us delicious native dishes. I haven't made one since she passed away. This would be a delicious memory of her.
ReplyDeleteHave you been drenched over the past few days? It rained a lot overnight here but, thankfully, no wind!!
Best,
Bonnie
Are you Hungarian? I am. I mention it a lot on my blog because Mamam (my Hungarian grandmother), has had the biggest influence on my cookery and bakes.
ReplyDeleteCheers and boogie boogie.
Now I'm hungry. This looks fabulous and sounds even better.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by Comedy Plus. ☺
I love paprikash sauce but haven't made it in a while. Great idea to use it with pork.
ReplyDeleteSam
What an interesting recipe Pam ~ Will have to check this out ~ Thanks for sharing ~
ReplyDeleteI imagine you're now in the same monsoon zone that we are...and it's cooled down a little too much! Your pork paprikash looks like a wonderful weeknight meal...Bill would certainly enjoy this, too!
ReplyDeleteI've not heard of this dish before but it sure does sound good and contains flavors we like.
ReplyDeleteIt looks and sounds really delicious.
ReplyDelete