Key West Grilled Salmon



We've vacationed at Key West many times ~ we like salmon ~ so when I saw this recipe, I knew it had to be made!





Not only do I love Key West for the ocean, the quaint cottages, the sun, the sand, and oh, did I say, the ocean ~ the best sort of weird is there, the nightlife is unique, and in particular, the food is special.  Seafood paradise!

Family Circle magazine published this recipe.  It calls for a flavorful citrus marinade of lime juice and lemon juice mixed with celery seeds, hot pepper flakes, green onions and honey to complement the salmon. 





The marinade does not overpower the salmon; it augments its flavor when grilled.  It’s a subtle marinade ~ if you want lots of spices and stronger flavors for salmon, this is not your recipe. 

However, if you like salmon as much as I do, this is a must try for you! 

 
Marinate 10 minutes


 It’s delicious!


Key West Grilled Salmon 
Adapted

Ingredients:

4 salmon fillets
1/3 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
½ teaspoon celery seeds
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ cup chopped green onions

Method:

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the marinade.
Place salmon in a shallow dish and pour marinade over all.
Let stand for 10 minutes, no longer.
Set the grill on high heat.
Place salmon on grill rack and grill for 10 minutes, turning once.
When it flakes easily with a fork, it’s done.



ENJOY!




Comments

  1. How delicious this sounds! We love salmon! In fact, we are seafood fans here, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just back from New England and wish I could have brought some of the delicious, fresh caught salmon for your recipe!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pam, A perfect recipe for salmon. I do love salmon and have not had it in a long while.
    I hope all is well and you are enjoying the nice weather.
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, I thought this was about salmon caught in Key West :-). The recipe sounds like something we would surely enjoy and it looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love salmon..love the marinade Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious, Pam. I can't wait til it stops raining :), and we can grill.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, We rarely cook fish at home. It's something that we order when we're out... We really need to build up our nerve to give it a try. Your salmon really looks good! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Pam.....you just keep getting better and better with each of the recipes that you post!! Not only is this delicious (I know)....but it's healthy too....
    Hope the storms are not heading your way....be safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love salmon too and this sounds delicious. I would probably broil mine.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Key West AND Salmon both in the same post? Oh gosh Pam, I'm all over this!!! I have the coolest Key West Cookbook that I hope to share one day. Of course, I plan on visiting Key West again one day. It is lovely down there and the ocean, oh my:)

    Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Pam. Simple yet I imagine more than delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will try this for sure, salmon is one of our favourites as well. Hop you are both well. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will try this for sure, salmon is one of our favourites as well. Hop you are both well. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Another delicious salmon recipe. Thank you for sharing Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Pam, we love salmon and I am always looking for inspirations on how to prepare it in new and slightly different ways - this recipe sounds perfect, springlike with sublte citrus flavors, just like the kind of marinades we really enjoy.
    Thank you for sharing this nice recipe and also for dropping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment!
    All the best from Bonn, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are big salmon eaters and I have never had it grilled. Yours looks delicious and I am wondering why, we never made this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

________________________

How am I supposed to relax in a world where “truffle” can mean either chocolate or fungus?
- from a cartoon by Dan Piraro
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________