all sorts of recipes, from me to you

all sorts of recipes, from me to you…

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cod Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onions



Who doesn’t like a good fish taco?  Especially one that’s topped with grilled peppers and onions!

It took me a while to get on the fish taco bandwagon, but now I’m a happy advocate of it, and like about every fish taco I can sink my teeth into. 





The fish and veggies for these tacos are grilled instead of deep-fried, and served with trimmed-down toppings, without sacrificing flavor. The fish is spicy and the peppers are crisp-tender; near perfect and a simple easy dinner that is filling too.

Whenever, we have some warm weather; probably in June, at this rate, the fish and veggies will be cooked outside on the grill ~ I can hardly wait!



Cod Tacos with Grilled Peppers and Onions

Ingredients:

1 white onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
Cooking spray
1 pound cod
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
8 flour tortillas
Salt and seasoned pepper, to taste

Toppings:

Taco sauce
Jalapeno pepper slices
Shredded lettuce
Diced Tomatoes
Shredded 2% cheddar cheese
Lime wedges

Method:

Preheat stovetop grill to high heat.
Place onion and pepper slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray.
Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, set aside.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
Season fish with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and place in skillet.
Cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until desired doneness.
Warm tortillas according to package directions.
Assemble tacos with fish, onions and peppers and your choice of toppings.
Squeeze lime juice over tacos or use limes for garnish.


ENJOY!






Pin It

13 comments:

  1. This look amazingPam I love fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! Cod is a favorite here! I will have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be so good with the tortillas I make. We eat more fish now that we live in Florida, too! Thanks for the recipe! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam , checked my freezer ... got cod ... tacos for supper tonight , the tocos looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took us a while to get on the fish taco bandwagon too, but one bite and I was hooked. Your fish tacos look fantastic and your presentation is downright spectacular.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bad weather still??? Oh Dear me...I know you all are ready for some pure sunshine.
    Took me a while to try a fish taco..now, this is one of my favs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for Lent!! I love fish tacos :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE fish tacos.. anyway you make them, they are the bomb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could definitely go for these - really like your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one super delicious looking tacos! Love all the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam,
    We have eaten fish tacos for awhile now. We'll have to try your amazing version with the cod soon. there are so many ways to make these tacos healthy.

    Our snow is melting, but very slowly.
    At least now, I can see the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this version of fish tacos. So fresh! Another one to try.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

Keep smiling,
Pam